ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Change Primary Email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/19/19 10:23 AM Views: 482 Replies: 4
Monday, August 19, 2019 at 10:23 AM

Not sure I'm pleased with the way the Primary Email Change works.

Most changes are just that folks change their e-mail. Most often, the old e-mail is no longer valid.

If the primary e-mail of a classmate is NOT valid, they will not be notified of ANY change to their status as nothing is sent to the new email.

So, Joe Doe emails the admin that his sbcglobal is now gmail. The admin should just be able to change the email and have the system send an email to that address when the change is saved.

Having the system send an e-mail to the old address is just filling a bunch of bit buckets with air.

Yes, the admin CAN go back to Email the Class and send an email OR the admin can go back to their email program and click the link to send a reply to the sender's email but, why wander all over the place?

How about an option button on the Change Primary Email portion that sends an email to the new address?

Monday, August 19, 2019 at 12:47 PM - Response #1

Or BOTH emails. The "old" address is a security step just in case it was not authorized by member.

Friday, May 1, 2020 at 8:17 PM - Response #2

Today, at his request, I changed the primary email address for a member/friend. I emailed him to let him know I'd done it, telling him he would receive an email from Class Creator. He just emailed me to let me know he'd not received an email from Class Creator. Thoughts?

A week ago, at a member's request, I changed a password. Again, I sent an email to the member $fconfirm the change. She never received a confirming email from Class Creator.

Why isn't Class Creator sending confirming emails?

Friday, May 1, 2020 at 8:42 PM - Response #3

I'm wondering if the classmate has checked his old email, or if it's even active any more. This is the address to which Class Creator sends the email when the primary email is changed:

"If you are CHANGING the email address in this field:
After you click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of this page an email will be sent to xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com notifying xxx of the new email address and that the new address must be used to log in to the account from now on."

If the old classmate has deactivated his old email, he'll never receive the email from Class Creator. This happened to a classmate of mine, but he can log on using the new email. So, no problem. I just tell the classmate to log on using his/her new email.

Edited 05/01/20 8:48 PM
Friday, May 1, 2020 at 9:12 PM - Response #4

Scott, at this point the only thing I know for sure about the change in primary email address, is the old email address is active. The classmate and I exchanged several emails today. His email address throughout was the old email address. The thing is, I know what was supposed to happen. It didn't. "So no problem" is absolutely right if the only concern is where email is to be delivered. I got the new password to the other classmate, so he can login. But the system isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing. (I haven't asked either classmate if they checked their junk mail. Each person gets email from Class Creator on a daily basis so Class Creator is a known email address, but I'm going to check it out.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.