ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Upload Yearbook with Issuu

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/23/09 10:25 PM Views: 1668 Replies: 7
Monday, February 23, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I need help. I have scanned our senior yearbook. I followed the instructions that were previously posted here. I used Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 to convert the files to pdf, and to also combine them into a single file. All that is fine. However, when I logged into Issuu, I select Browse, then select the file with the yearbook pdf file, fill out the form that Issuu requires, click on upload file, AND NOTHING HAPPENS. What am I doing wrong? Somebody help me please. Thanks.

Pam Murray

Is there someone from ClassCreator that is available to help me with this problem?

Edited 02/23/09 11:20 PM
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 8:14 AM - Response #1

That happened to me, several times, until I noticed that my file was too large. If you look at the line where you put in what you wanted to upload, it will have a little note if it is too large - maybe only takes 1 mega byte. I had to divide our yearbook into 6 separate books to get it all to load.

D.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 8:38 AM - Response #2

Here's what I did with our yearbooks:

http://www.pauldeluca.com/yb79/catalogue475.html

This is done with a simple flash file and some xml. Check out page-flip.com.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 10:12 AM - Response #3

Wow, Your year book is really great . I have been trying to figure out how to get the pictures in and to flip. I am really not to computer smart. So how do you do that. I have make copies of the seniors and want to put it in a book that can flip. HOW.

CAn someone help me please.

Connie Hope
Metuchen High School 1965

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM - Response #4

Thank you so much for your response. My problem was exactly what you described. I had to break the upload into 6 sections to get it done. I haven't posted it yet to the class website. I would like to look at yours to see how you posted the individual sections. Would you mind allowing me to log into your site to take a peek? Thank you again. You were able to help when Issuu didn't.

Pam Murray
Lee Class of '68

Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM - Response #5

To Pam,
I sent you a private email in response to this. It has the information you need.

D.

Edited 02/25/09 1:22 PM
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM - Response #6

To Connie,
Try to find the post of Kyle Erikson, Spanish Fork High School from Monday, December 1. The topic was "yearbook pictures". He gave the information I used - step by step. Most helpful in telling you which sites to use. Just remember about the limit on the upload file size.

D.

Edited 02/25/09 1:21 PM
Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 5:54 PM - Response #7

This would be great!
Is there a way to then burn this yearbook to cd or dvd??

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.