ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Pay Pal

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/04/14 11:15 PM Views: 963 Replies: 6
Thursday, September 4, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Our 35th class reunion is being held on September 20th and we have allowed classmates to pay via paypal, credit card or sending us a check. We have received emails from our website stating a classmate has registered and paid via paypal but the money is not going into our class checking account. For our 30th class reunion this worked just fine and our banking info has not changed. Any idea why this money isn't being put into our class checking account?

Thanks,
Walt

Friday, September 5, 2014 at 7:50 AM - Response #1

I haven't used PayPal, but I don't think the money goes into your local bank account directly. Do you have to login to PayPal and transfer the money into your local bank account? Are you using the correct PayPal account on the Reunion Planner?

Friday, September 5, 2014 at 7:58 AM - Response #2

You're right Kyle. It stays in PayPal, but you can do one of 2 things. You can ask them for a transfer (withdraw money) to your bank acct., or you can get a debit card from them and withdraw funds with it (which keeps track of your spending, BTW).
Barbara

Friday, September 5, 2014 at 8:17 AM - Response #3

I had the same thing a few times. This is a glitch of sorts in the Reunion Planner. What happens is the person clicks pay via Paypal and begins that process. They get so far (I think it is once they are in Pay Now) and then they back out before actually processing a Paypal payment, the Reunion Planner has no way of knowing what they did once they got to the Paypal page and it assumes they processed a payment. If you do not have mony in you Paypal account, they did not complete the payment.

To correct this I think I had to cancel their registration and give them instructions to register again.

Edited 09/05/14 8:19 AM
Friday, September 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM - Response #4

Oh, that's good to know, Barbara. Makes sense. I think that's what happened to me. But I didn't cancel the registration. They just paid a different way. Thanks for the info.
Barbara

Friday, September 5, 2014 at 9:04 AM - Response #5

You do need to go into PayPal to transfer the funds to your checking account, Walter. The funds take 3-4 days to transfer, so you need to be sure you move the funds prior to your reunion if you need them to pay the bill. (Most of us do need the funds in advance, yet some pay it out of personal funds and get reimbursed. I'd like to do the latter, just once!) Smile

The link to transfer the funds is on your PayPal summary page... under your name on the left "Transfer to your bank".

Saturday, September 6, 2014 at 4:52 PM - Response #6

Thanks. We contacted PayPal and they transferred the money over.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.