ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Story Pages

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/09/08 12:40 AM Views: 1448 Replies: 4
Saturday, August 9, 2008 at 12:40 AM

I would like to have classmate story pages on the site; something more than the profile pages allow. Have any of you incorporated this idea into your sites, or have any ideas on how best to accomplish it?

Saturday, August 9, 2008 at 12:48 AM - Response #1

Very much like this forum here, you will shortly have threaded forums available in your class web site.

When available, you can best accomplish this by creating an entire forum group called Classmate Stories. When you do this, your Classmates will be able to post a story, and fellow Classmates will be able to respond and comment about the story.

Saturday, August 9, 2008 at 1:10 PM - Response #2

Looking forward to it Brad.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 12:32 AM - Response #3

Hey Brad,

Is the threaded forum getting any closer? I've been reading recent comments about instant messaging and real time communication coming next year. I apologize but I inquired about the forums last month and I can't find the thread with your response. I believe you said the a forum similar to this would be avaiable in September.

Jim

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 4:49 PM - Response #4

This is why I should get out of the business of giving time estimates. Smile

Unfortunately the hijacking issue passed the new threaded forums in order of importance, so we're going to have to complete the new Preferences section before we complete the threaded forums. Hijacking is rare, but it happens enough that we can't leave people helpless to combat this problem. The new Preferences area will nip it in the bud. And then we will get those new threaded forums up... Lots to do. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.