ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Generator enhancement

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/16/08 09:28 AM Views: 1148 Replies: 2
Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 9:28 AM

In the "Answers:" drop-down, add a "Date" type. This field could be used for Anniversary. If a "Date" type field is added, add a check-box for "Show this date in 'Special Dates' section?"

Also, if the "Upcoming Birthdays" could be renamed to "Special Dates", then if there is an anniversary coming up, then those would also appear in the "Special Dates" box.

Probably the "Birthday Cake" graphic could remain the same because it could be an anniversary cake.

Adding this enhancement would also make it necessary to modify the classmate form fill-in section to be like "Birthday" so that if the profile field is a "Date" field, it has a flag for the classmate to show this date in the "Special Dates" on the home page.

The text below could be modified for any date field:
Allow Classmates to view my Birthday. This option allows Classmates to see your Date of Birth in your Profile and on the home page 30 days prior to your Birthday.

Adding this feature would also be helpful to those creating the new "Family" sites.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 12:07 PM - Response #1

Thanks Kyle! Interesting ideas as always. I've added this to our list of things to discuss in '09.

Friday, November 28, 2008 at 11:59 AM - Response #2

This site has been awesome for our high school 70's website so I decided to set one up for our family. As I started adding family members, I also wanted to add marriage date as a profile input and having it in a date format would certainly be helpful so thanks for keeping this idea on your list.

Thanks again for the great job you've done in making this site so flexible.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.