ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Phone # and Email Showing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/27/17 10:31 AM Views: 791 Replies: 9
Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 10:31 AM

Phone numbers and email addresses are some of the required profile items when someone is registering in our site.
Now when I click on a new member, their email and phone # are viewable. How do members make those two items not viewable to everyone?

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 10:45 AM - Response #1

By default, email, phone numbers, and street addresses are viewable by administrators only. Are you saying when you click on the Classmate Profiles list and click on someone's name, their email and phone number are viewable? You should only be able to see these items if you go to Admin Functions > Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates > and then click on Edit Details.

That said, a classmate can choose to manually type in their email, phone, and street address in the comments section of their profile, but this is rarely done.

Edited 09/27/17 10:46 AM
Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 2:49 PM - Response #2

I can see the emails and phone numbers using my personal non admin login and they selected private.

Edited 09/28/17 2:51 PM
Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 9:23 PM - Response #3

Wow! Class Creator Admin will have to weigh in on this.

Friday, September 29, 2017 at 2:15 AM - Response #4

GMan, Scott Moore's information is correct. I agree that it is possible one or more did as he stated, "That said, a classmate can choose to manually type in their email, phone, and street address in the comments section of their profile, but this is rarely done." I saw this not long ago on a member's profile.

Question: When you see the "emails and phone numbers" are you viewing the member's profiles by choosing them from the updated list or birthday list on the home page? Are you opening the Classmate Profiles to view them from there?

The only way any of us should be viewing any member's emails and phone numbers is through the Manage Classmates admin link.

I cannot see them on your site or two of my sites. Please check again and reply in this thread for the office to see. Thanks.

Gwen

Friday, September 29, 2017 at 9:44 AM - Response #5

GMan. I see what is happening. In addition to the default system questions for phone and email, you added custom questions in the Profile Generator for phone and email. Since those are not governed by our controls to not display, they are open to everyone.

With your permission, I can override the settings g that allows your members to choose their profile visibility settings. This will force all to log in to view profiles.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 8:49 AM - Response #6

Scott, That would be great if you could do that.
Thank you !!

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 12:55 PM - Response #7

Okay. All set.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 3:45 PM - Response #8

Scott, Thank You !!

Is there a way to "hide" the ones that are currently available? I think it's only the first few.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 4:34 PM - Response #9

I suppose you could turn off the question in the Profile Generator. Or go into each of those profiles as the admin to delete their info. Not sure if that was what you were looking for or not.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.