Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

upoad video

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/13/18 01:59 PM Views: 777 Replies: 10
Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 1:59 PM

How can I upload a video. We just scanned our yearbooks to CDs

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 2:26 PM - Response #1

You should upload your video to YouTube and then copy the link to your youtube video and in the edit site pages area > Edit Page for your page, go to the Editor Window and place your cursor in the content area and then in the 3rd row of buttons look for thr youtube button.... that will prompt a small window where you will paste the link to your video. Then save the page and go to the page to test.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 2:49 PM - Response #2

A YouTube link to the video works, but it's nicer to embed the video on your page. Shows right then and there.

Click the Share then Embed at the bottom right. Copy the code shown in SOURCE mode to your page. Adjust size to that desired.

RD designs (not yours yet) need some CSS overrides to not get a reduced video size (if you exceed 645 or something) plus get it to center correctly.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 4:26 PM - Response #3

The description in my response above does embed the video on the page. However, you can also choose to locate the share link in youtube, select the embed option and copy the embed code. Then you can go to the page you are working on and in the Editor Window, click the Source tab and paste you code where desired.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 4:49 PM - Response #4

Sorry, I just saw the "link" part. Have never used that option. Be nice if it allowed a user to set the size too.

Did they fix the reduction size issue? Need to check more.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 5:13 PM - Response #5

Nope, not fixed yet.

Max Width is set to 640px no matter what.

Edited 02/13/18 5:15 PM
Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 9:43 PM - Response #6

I have a vimeo video that I am desperately trying to get posted to our class creator site. all the tutorials, advice that I can find assumes that the video to be posted is a Youtube product using the Youtube icon in the edit page function. I am unable to use it to post the Vimeo product yet is see Vimeo videos elsewhere in class creator sites. Can you advise how to get around the Youtube "requirement"? Thanks much for any assistance you can you provide. Lummus.jerry@gmail.com/713-854-5981

Edited 06/19/22 9:45 PM
Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 10:57 PM - Response #7

See the fourth bullet point on this Vimeo Help Center page. Paste the embed code it provides in "Source" mode on the Class Creator page where you want it to appear. Source mode is accessed via the button on the top left corner of the edit box.

Edited 06/19/22 10:59 PM
Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 11:00 PM - Response #8

Scott,

I'm new here. A basic question. When you are doing edits to a page and you hit save, does that page as you have just edited it become visible to your site users at that point or is there some way to see your edits before they are visible to the users? I am aware of some web sites that allow edits on a development version of the site before it goes "live". Does Class Creator have that function?

Sunday, June 19, 2022 at 11:11 PM - Response #9

Omitting a discussion of the ability to restrict a page to only logged on classmates, if the page is active once you save your edits everyone will have access to it. If it is not active; they won't. Whether or not a page is active is controlled at the Edit Site Pages" tab.

Monday, June 20, 2022 at 12:31 AM - Response #10

Worked like a charm. Many thanks. Really appreciate it...

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.