ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Problems loading one specific website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/17/10 04:21 AM Views: 1241 Replies: 2
Monday, May 17, 2010 at 4:21 AM

Hello people.

Sorry to be a nuisance as this isn't strictly a problem on my website, but I'd be grateful for some input from one of you computer whizz-kids out there.

I'm based in the UK and I use www.slide.com to host photos on slideshows that appear on my website. For about 5 days now I've had difficulty getting onto their website to edit the slideshows. This is the only one of the websites I use regularly that I can't get into. Occasionally, I can eventually load their Home Page but nothing happens after I enter my password and try to log in. Sometimes the screen remains as it was, with my log in details still showing, other times the screen goes white and my web browser (I use IE but I've tried Chrome and Firefox and the same thing happens)shows 'Done' at the bottom.

If I use a friend's computer I can get into the website without a problem, but they're using a different ISP to me (I use Virgin Media).

Does this mean the problem is likely to be with my ISP or could there be something on my own computer that prevents me loading this one website?

I'd be grateful for any thoughts anyone might have as it's driving me mad.
Many thanks.

Edited 05/17/10 4:22 AM
Monday, May 17, 2010 at 12:20 PM - Response #1

Hello,
I'm not one of the computer-whizz kids but I truly share in your frustration when something doesn't work and you wonder if the problem is just on your end or the entire system.

Logged in to www.slide.com this am and had no problems. I hope you find the trouble spot.

Monday, May 17, 2010 at 6:35 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Labyrinth. No solution yet and the ISP (Virgin Media) is no help whatsoever. I live in hope.

Edited 05/17/10 6:35 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.