ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Links will not open in new window

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/01/15 05:42 PM Views: 1029 Replies: 8
Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 5:42 PM

We are having a mini reunion in September and I have put on a list of hotels near the venue in the announcements, but after doing this several times AND saving, they don't work.

What am I doing wrong? I thought I needed to target to open in new window, saved, added the URL, saved and did that for several hotels, then saved the page, but when I tested them, they didn't pop up in a New window, instead popped up and then I had to arrow back to get back to my list of hotels. GRRRRR!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 10:24 PM - Response #1

I'm not sure this is right. I'm only a CC user. But, have you tried using the 'link' icon on the 'paste'page (or the page on which you're trying to paste) before you click on paste. If you did I didn't catch that in your question.
Barbara

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 10:39 PM - Response #2

tell me what page to look on and what link to review which isn't working right.

It might also be a browser issue. Sometimes browsers do it differently. Does it work right in Firefox or Internet Explorer?

Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 11:53 AM - Response #3

Mary,

On the INSERT LINK menu, there is a tab at the top of the page that you can click on and it gives you the different target options available. You don't have to go to the SOURCE if you don't want to.

Ann,

Still waiting to know which page to look at.

Friday, April 3, 2015 at 12:26 AM - Response #4

In the announcements, it's under "Hotels."

I work in Chrome and it didn't work for me. Sorry I stay away from IE. I know Firefox is good but I haven't loaded that. Funny, I'm on my iPad now and the page worked correctly, but not on my PC. It's worked on chrome before on my last PC, but not my new one.

I'll download Firefox to check next time. This is my second error I've had and was asked both times the same thing: did I check on IE or Firefox.

Edited 04/03/15 12:54 AM
Friday, April 3, 2015 at 9:57 AM - Response #5

Every link I clicked on in your Hotels announcement on your home page opened up in a new TAB in Firefox. The original page was preserved in a separate TAB. No BACK button was necessary to press.

I suggest the problem is Chrome.

Friday, April 3, 2015 at 10:02 AM - Response #6

Your "Holiday Inn Express and Suites Overland Park" has target="_parent" instead of target="_blank" , so maybe that one doesn't work.

Friday, April 3, 2015 at 10:59 AM - Response #7

Thanks, Kyle. I'll load Firefox and remember to test with thatch the future. Not sure why Chrome is no longer working for this. I just put on a new anti-virus and got a message it's doing something with chrome so not sure if this may be the underlying problem.

Thanks for your help, as usual. You guys are the greatest!

Friday, April 3, 2015 at 11:01 AM - Response #8

I'll check that link out. Thanks again for your help!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.