ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Integrating our Product with the Event Planner

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/06/15 10:03 AM Views: 1117 Replies: 3
Friday, November 6, 2015 at 10:03 AM

I am looking for some help.

We have a classmate who is an artist and has always designed a t-shirt for each reunion. I have been trying to figure out if we can integrate her t-shirt with the event planner and our class store.

She has a "vector graphic" and we are ready to send it to SSA. We also would like to sell the t-shirts together with our registration package on the same form. However, I am challenged as how to do that since payment for the t-shirts has to go to SSA.

If we have to choose between selling them outside of SSA or not showing them on our registration form, we can do either as we have a local company that can make the t-shirts. We just thought we might sell more products if classmates had to go to our class store to purchase her t-shirt. We can also just advertise them with an announcement that they are available in the class store, but we thought more people might buy them while they were already spending the money to come to the reunion.

What do you think? Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited 11/06/15 4:00 PM
Monday, November 9, 2015 at 4:20 PM - Response #1

Sort of. I don't think SSA stores can help. However, I would talk to a local printer and work out their printing costs for X# of tshirts so you can come up with a price. Then you can use the Product Manager to sell t-shirts via a store page as well as in your Event Planner page. You can set it up in the Product Manager, add the t-shirt and the size options, and then sell them in the store page (ours, not SSA) and include it in the Event Planner during check out as well. But be sure to coordinate the end of your registration deadline and the date that the printer will need for printing the tshirts in time for the event.

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 4:48 PM - Response #2

Get in touch with SSA about whether they would charge you for having multiple designs or changing designs (this year's and next year's) if you supply the graphics. They worked with us about that. We have a custom design that's just a rectangular photo, a custom adaptation of one of theirs designs, plus two that are just generic text - four different choices, no extra charge, and people have ordered all of the different ones. Go to our store here

Edited 11/09/15 4:55 PM
Monday, November 9, 2015 at 5:22 PM - Response #3

If you want to make t-shirts available by mail afterwards for additional orders or classmates who couldn't attend, be sure to add an optional upcharge for postage.

I went with US Postal Service and the heavy weight envelope, it was about $6 in the continental USA.

Have fun!! We had a classmate donate the printing and the postage to send it to the reunion city (my town in Iowa) from his t-shirt business, so every shirt sold was pure profit.

Although almomst 30 had prepaid and pre-ordered, he printed 50, including some extra of the common sizes (L to 2XL, if I remember right). We sold another 10 onsite at the reunion, plus 5 or 6 more afterwards.

Edited 11/09/15 5:23 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.