ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Help! I have messed Home page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/14/09 10:53 AM Views: 1531 Replies: 9
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Brad,
Please help! I tried to put a background on the background color of my home page. Instead it put it all over my home page. So I went back and deleted the code. Now my announcements are not showing and the edge is a mess. I knew I was just a point and click girl, shouldn't have tried this. Can you look at our home page and tell how I fix this? Thanks ahead of time.
Tina Hurtt

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 11:41 AM - Response #1

You were close, you just had a tag at the end of your content. That lone tag being present in there caused this whole issue. Zap, there it goes.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 12:00 PM - Response #2

Thanks so much. I was trying to make sure I didn't delete the code for the player that I didn't even see that. I will try not to do it again.haha
Tina

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 10:04 PM - Response #3

Brad,
I knew if I messed with it enough I would be here asking the question. HELP, my home page is messed up. The bottom of my fridge is gone down in another place. When I run my curser over the home page now everything shows up underlined then I move the cursor at the right of the page in the background and it goes away. not a problem just wonder what is caught on my cursor to make it do that? Also, how do I move my visitors counter to the right side of the page under my pie sign of classmates. (YOu know what I mean!).. or is that a possibility. I would like to put some old folks jokes on the home page, how do I import them from my pictures.? to where I want them to go? Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd How do I put a button (or something) to open up a "Remember When" web page on the internet. Can I hook that to my web site in my remember when or something like that. Am I clear or do I need to go to bed and start tomorrow????????????????????????? doesn't make sense. In my remember when page I want them to be able to open up the web page on the internet of old things to remember. Help
you can see why......... Faye

Monday, May 18, 2009 at 11:58 PM - Response #4

Faye Hall wrote:

Brad,
I knew if I messed with it enough I would be here asking the question. HELP, my home page is messed up. The bottom of my fridge is gone down in another place. When I run my curser over the home page now everything shows up underlined then I move the cursor at the right of the page in the background and it goes away. not a problem just wonder what is caught on my cursor to make it do that? Also, how do I move my visitors counter to the right side of the page under my pie sign of classmates. (YOu know what I mean!).. or is that a possibility. I would like to put some old folks jokes on the home page, how do I import them from my pictures.? to where I want them to go? Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd How do I put a button (or something) to open up a "Remember When" web page on the internet. Can I hook that to my web site in my remember when or something like that. Am I clear or do I need to go to bed and start tomorrow????????????????????????? doesn't make sense. In my remember when page I want them to be able to open up the web page on the internet of old things to remember. Help
you can see why......... Faye

I'm assuming you must have fixed some things after posting.

I'm seeing the fridge fine.

Your link on your countdown clock never closed, thus everything below it was also a link. It's a code thing... Zapped the link.

Right side of home page is reserved for modules, no custom content can be intermixed with the modules. Although if your home page content goes on far enough, you can put content below those modules.

Old folks jokes: Don't know where you want them, but you can put text and/or images on the page pretty much wherever you want.

Remember when page: Are you saying you want to open the page in a new browser window?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 10:51 AM - Response #5

I'm so sorry to be a pain. I blew out my homepage. I was trying to get the site meter up higher and I achieved that but now I lost my music player, and the background that doesn't bother me. How messed up is the SOURCE part. You know the part that is GREEK and for some reason I think I can understand it.! That part. I also need to center the plug in's. Help
As in what I wouldlike to do in my "Remember When" part that I haven't activated yet is put a link to 'Bills retro world' whichis www.billsretroworld.com/index.htm Is that what I do in the middle of the page. ?
Help I guess.
Faye

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 11:57 AM - Response #6

In the code you can add

before a plugin, and
after the plugin -- that will center the plugin on the page. In some cases though, right in your regular visual view you can just click your plugin and then hit the center justification icon. That's what I did on your countdown clock, and it jumped right to the center.

Looks to me like your third party music and background code got chopped off. I.E. the code is no longer complete. Since it wasn't working anyway I removed the incomplete code, you'll need to paste that code back in there. Other than that I think you're good to go.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 3:58 PM - Response #7

What would I do without you Brad. You make my life easier. I can't thank you enough. If you were closer I'd bake you something good and bring it over.... You are what this sight is all about for us amateurs. Support at a flash! I can see why this site is growing. I will go and get the playlist and background again I guess...
Thank you,
Faye

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 9:41 PM - Response #8

Just FYI, until we have the built in backup module going, if you have a really complex page or you've spent a lot of time on something, it's a good idea to to go into source, select all, and copy your code to a Notepad or Word file for safe keeping. Should you later "mess up" your page you'll be glad you did.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 9:46 PM - Response #9

Thank You, Thank You,,,, why didn't I think of that. It took some time in finding where my stuff was anyway. I will do that right now. Thanks again,
Faye

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.