ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Linking new items

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/30/18 08:23 AM Views: 1261 Replies: 2
Friday, March 30, 2018 at 8:23 AM

As Notification links only take the member to the page where an update has been made and not to the actual update this is a problem when there's a lot of information on the page.

To try to work around the problem I thought I'd create a page on my site named UPDATES so that I can make a change to any page and list it there with a link to the exact location of the change/addition.

Problem is, I'm not sure how to go about it.

It's going to be one of those things I need to be told about in clear steps. Can anyone help, please?

Friday, March 30, 2018 at 1:06 PM - Response #1

You use "anchors" where you made the change and then link to them. Here's a short reference how to create the link using an anchor

The CC editor has an anchor icon on the upper right, 2nd line. Place your cursor where you want to go. Click Anchor. Give anchor any name you want.

This is a link to the prior ICON demo.

I added some dummy text so it moves down the page.

Friday, March 30, 2018 at 9:03 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Jack.

It's been some years since I used anchors to link to something on the same page so I needed a basic reminder.

I did find some old references to anchor use on the forums and was playing about with it when I got the 503 Error saying the service was unavailable. It's still down. Just my luck.

I'll try again when service resumes.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.