ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

MEMBER FUNCTIONS

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/14/09 08:08 AM Views: 1278 Replies: 7
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 8:08 AM

I wish we could eliminate some of the member functions such as post announcements. I would rather they use the forum for their announcements, so I don't have to deny them their request to put up an announcement on the home page. (let's face it some of their requests are beyond ridiculous.)

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 1:56 PM - Response #1

Dawn,

We are making an adjustment that wlll remove the link from member functions if the admin has set the announcements area to inactive. Since the feature is built into the member functions for admins and classmates it would mean that as an admin you would need to use the Home Page Edit area under Edit Site Pages for announcements if that option is inactive.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 2:08 PM - Response #2

I was looking over the posts and I see that other's have the same problem. Let me try and understand. Would that mean that I would have to move all my announcements to the HOME PAGE edit area? And I wouldn't have the ability to make something inactive or active.? or change the order? Or am I totally misunderstanding what you meant?

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 6:43 PM - Response #3

Hi Dawn,

We were in there making an adjustment so we added a new check box that for allowing classmates to submit - I turned that off for your site. This means all admins can submit them and that classmates will not see that option on their navigation.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 6:50 PM - Response #4

I see that and I am grateful for your help. I think you guys deserve an award for your rapid responses and understanding of our needs. KUDOS TO YOU ALL.!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 7:08 PM - Response #5

Jessica, Support wrote:

Hi Dawn,

We were in there making an adjustment so we added a new check box that for allowing classmates to submit - I turned that off for your site. This means all admins can submit them and that classmates will not see that option on their navigation.

Jessica,

Any idea when this feature will go live for everyone? I would really like to force everyone to use the forums as well since they are so new and shiny! (I like shiny things...Very Happy)

Thanks!

Vicki

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 10:01 PM - Response #6

It's live, just click your Post Announcement link under your Member links.

Edited 04/14/09 10:01 PM
Monday, April 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM - Response #7

What's worked for me on this is that I've informed people that they can submit one via the "post announcement" feature. Then I just cut and paste them into a page I've titled "announcements".

It takes no time and I can do any QC necessary.

Obviously, it would be better to have this in one folder, but the way it is now isn't a problem. And obviously I didn't want them appearing on our start page.

Edited 04/27/09 1:57 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.