ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

discounted tickets

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/25/13 08:00 PM Views: 994 Replies: 5
Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM

a 2 part question, both regarding tickets...I am wondering how you would recommend we handle these.

1)how should I enter classmates (some with spouses) who need financial assistance with tickets for our 50-year reunion. The reunion fund will be paying form them.

2)how should I enter classmates (some with spouses)who will be paying much lower amounts because they can't come to the dinner.(i.e. they have a wedding the same night). They will be coming after the meal but we still want them to have our "goody" bag and souvenir bag (they would be charged $25 per person). I don't want to add it as an "official" option because I don't want other classmates to see this price and thus think they could come late and save money.

Thanks,

Joani

Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM - Response #1

It looks like you already have a DONATION item ticket. I assume you will use this donation category to pay for classmates who need financial assistance.

When a financially challenged classmate contacts you, you can add them to the attendee list through the Reunion Planner, Attendees page, and the ADD buttons at the bottom or they could register for themselves. You will already have contacted them and arranged with them the price to pay (tell them to send a check for half of the amount). When you get the check, edit their order (Reunion Planner, Attendees, click their name, click their order) and then give them a 50% discount. Ten their check will match the amount invoiced.

You can do the same with those skipping dinner. Just tell them to mail a check for 20% (or whatever you choose) and then when the check arrives, give them an 80% discount. You could also create "goody bag only" tickets and deactivate the tickets so they cannot be purchased by classmates. When they send in their checks, activate the ticket, purchase their "goody bag ticket" save their order, then deactivate the "goody bag ticket" until it is needed.

Friday, April 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM - Response #2

How/where do you add a discount to a ticket?

Friday, April 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM - Response #3

you don't add a discounted ticket unless you want your classmates to be able to choose that ticket (for example, discounted tickets if purchased before July 1st). In that case, you would add two different tickets, one called "Early Bird Ticket", the other called "Reunion Ticket". Early Bird Ticket give a value of the early price (maybe $20 off). At that time, disable the regular reunion ticket. After July 1st, disable the "Early Bird Ticket" and activate the "Reunion Ticket".

If you are talking about helping a financially challenged classmate, they would pay for a regular ticket, but send in a check for only 50% of the price. Then when you enter the amount paid, you change the amount owed so that they get a 50% discount.

Is this what you were asking?

Friday, April 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM - Response #4

Yes, the latter.
But if I add them manually at the bottom of the Reunion Planner/Attendees page, it generates an invoice for a ticket. I can then only change the "Manual Payments Received" column. I must be missing something.

Thanks Kyle.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM - Response #5

What I did was put it under the payment category of "other". Then you put the amount in manually and don't have to keep track of 'underpaid' tickets. Or you can entitle it "comp" or anything. The discount doesn't have to appear on the ticket, and only administrators see the reunion planner and 'attendees' pages.
Barbara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.