ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Contest: $1,000 Free Toward Your Memory Book

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/16/13 07:38 PM Views: 4234 Replies: 68
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM

For a long time Class Administrators have requested the ability to create Memory Books for reunions and other outings.

Solution: We have partnered with a company who's already great at do-it-yourself Memory Books. You can easily use the system to drag and drop your Memory Books together. Currently you have to upload your assets to the system; however, we will be working on a tighter integration where your Class Creator assets will instantly be available inside of the Memory Book maker.

WE NEED YOUR HELP: The company we have partnered with is primarily a yearbook company. They are creating a program now specifically aimed at Memory Books. What they need is a great sample book to show off on their web site. They are offering 1 Class Creator Class Administrator Volunteer $1,000 toward a Memory Book. All you need to do is use the system to create one. The $1,000 can be applied to a total order, be divided amongst the class thus lowering the cost of each book, etc. You can decide how you want to apply the $1,000. If your total order is $1,000 or under, then you get your books free (i.e. there is no minimum order).

Here's how we're going to do this: If you would like $1,000 free toward your Memory Book, just respond below with "Enter me". I'm going to ask Gwen Corey to assemble a list of all entries and then we'll select one at random. A few conditions if you would like the $1,000:

* You must complete your Memory Book within the next month.

* You must be willing to allow your Memory Book to be used as a sample book on both our web site and theirs so others can see what is possible.

* You must have ample materials (photos, yearbook photos, historical scans, etc.) to produce a quality book. Obviously we are looking for a good quality sample.

Who is this company we have partnered with? I'm going to announce it in a system-wide email shortly, but you can get a sneak peek now by clicking here. You can try the software for free -- you only pay if you order books.

Again, if you create a book right now, you must upload your assets to the system. When our two systems are better connected you will be able to simply drag and drop your existing Class Creator assets into the book directly. If there is enough interest text import tools, Profile import tools, etc. are all possible. This is just a start.

Thanks in advance to all who enter this contest, and we look forward to seeing the first Memory Book produced by the Contest Winner!

Edited 10/20/13 12:14 PM
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM - Response #1

I have used this company for our son's wedding book. It's excellent quality. You have chosen well. We are in between reunions, but this is something I WOULD do!!!

Denise

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 9:27 PM - Response #2

Wow...wish my committee could take advantage of this great offer!!! They won't be putting together the book until next year. But I would sure like the info..if it works for everyone.Idea

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM - Response #3

Enter Me

Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 12:34 AM - Response #4

Great Idea and it will help to get more of the classmates to view the Website if there is such a book. I have made DVD's for classmates and I put all of the reunions on it along with YearBook photos and some individual photos that classmates sent to me. Good Luck with this project.

Jack

Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM - Response #5

Thanks Brad for this interesting option. But the timing s..u..c..k..s I'mm about to do some traveling, outside the country for 3 weeks. Maybe next time.

Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 7:27 PM - Response #6

Enter me!
It sounds like a wonderful challenge above the normal learning curve.
Barbara

Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 11:58 PM - Response #7

Hi Everyone, it is good to see your interest in this FUN project!

Where are your competitors? Smile

Edited 10/20/13 6:49 PM
Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM - Response #8

Sounds great. Good luck to everyone!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM - Response #9

What a wonderful service! Thank you!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM - Response #10

ENTER ME PLEASE! I administer three websites. I have been trying to complete a Gering High School Class of 1960 50th Reunion DVD now for three years, with little progress, just due to not having the right tools.

THIS WILL BE GREAT! We have lots of pictures, lots of bio information from the past reunion and previous reunions AND we are a small class of 80 or so grads.

SO THE POINT OF THIS IS YOU NEED NO CONTEST! We are the right site to give the help to!

Thanks,

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM - Response #11

Oh My! I'm thinking on the lines of our school history since 1890 and not limit to just one year. I need to check out the site and software to see if it can accommodate that many images and information.

Great idea, CC Guys! Thank you.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM - Response #12

ENTER ME!

I have a memory book side business so this is right up my alley.

Once we reply "enter me" how do we get started?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM - Response #13

ENTER ME

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 12:59 PM - Response #14

Enter me

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 12:59 PM - Response #15

Enter me

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM - Response #16

Happily noting the ENTER ME posts!

Thanks to Brad for the informative email received today. Looking forward to the many options coming for all of us! Smile

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM - Response #17

Enter me.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 1:27 PM - Response #18

Enter me, please

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 1:39 PM - Response #19

Enter me.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM - Response #20

Too bad our reunion in not until July 2014. We are just starting to talk about booklets and such. But Enter Me anyway Smile

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM - Response #21

Enter me

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 2:05 PM - Response #22

Enter me!
Thanks!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM - Response #23

Enter me!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM - Response #24

I will be glad to enter

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM - Response #25

Enter me

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM - Response #26

Enter me.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 4:35 PM - Response #27

enter me

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 4:37 PM - Response #28

Hi Stan,
Are you entering twice? Wink
Ahhh, I see you have two different sites.

Edited 10/23/13 4:39 PM
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 4:42 PM - Response #29

Enter

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 5:40 PM - Response #30
RJs HeadShot 2.jpg

Brad,

ENTER ME NOW!
This is a terrific idea. To be able to assemble all the pictures in a photo album, by "chapters" in our collective reunion lives together, and to have such albums available at the next big reunion sounds intriguing! This could be exactly where I place all 500 of the photos I have on the website so that I can make room in the file storage vault for even more. If the price is right this could be the answer we seek!Laughing

Edited 10/23/13 6:01 PM
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 5:50 PM - Response #31
RJs HeadShot 2.jpg

Hi Roger,
Is this a LIKE or were you considering Entering? If so, key in the magic words, please. Smile
ADDED: Thanks for updating your post, Roger!

Roger Johnson wrote:

Brad,

This is a terrific idea. To be able to assemble all the pictures in a photo album, by "chapters" in our collective "reunion lives" together, and to have such albums available at the next big reunion sounds intriguing! This could be exactly where I place all 500 of the photos I have on the website so that I can make room in the file storage vault for even more. If the price is right this could be the answer we seek!

Edited 10/24/13 7:45 PM
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM - Response #32

Please Enter US!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM - Response #33

Quick question.. this sounds like a great opportunity! But would I need to get permission from those photographed before using them in the book?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM - Response #34

Generally the answer is no, providing you have permission to publish the photographs (i.e. you took them yourself, or somebody who took them has given you permission). Photos taken in a public place, or taken in a private location you arranged, are usually fine.

This isn't legal advice so if you proceed you can certainly check with somebody else. Also, checking with the people in the photos as a courtesy certainly wouldn't be a bad idea.

Dede Colwell wrote:

Quick question.. this sounds like a great opportunity! But would I need to get permission from those photographed before using them in the book?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM - Response #35

Please enter me! This is a fantastic idea!

Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 7:31 AM - Response #36

Enter me! I plan a 2 class class reunion every year ( we are a small country school). This would be something that they would all enjoy SO much without having to did deeper in their pockets! Thank you for the wonderful opportunity!

Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM - Response #37

Enter Me

Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM - Response #38

Enter me.

Would also appreciate assurance that the partnership with Picaboo does not allow them to peek at classmate data or pictures (other than those specifically chosen for inclusion in a Memory Book) that members have been told will be maintained in confidence. When I signed up I took it as a given that Class Creator employees could access such info and that they would be bound by the privacy agreement. I'm not comfortable with the ideas of expanding to "partners" such access. Thanks. -B

Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM - Response #39

Assured. No transfer of personal information will happen.

Bob Willard wrote:

Enter me.

Would also appreciate assurance that the partnership with Picaboo does not allow them to peek at classmate data or pictures (other than those specifically chosen for inclusion in a Memory Book) that members have been told will be maintained in confidence. When I signed up I took it as a given that Class Creator employees could access such info and that they would be bound by the privacy agreement. I'm not comfortable with the ideas of expanding to "partners" such access. Thanks. -B

Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 10:33 PM - Response #40

ENTER ME!

Friday, October 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM - Response #41

Enter Me!!!

Friday, October 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM - Response #42
Me signing books.jpg

This is a very exciting option for classmates from all over the world to share in. We just had our 45th Class Reunion and our classmates loved this site. I am very proud of our page and was/am honored to have made our web site so exciting. Sadly we have lost many classmates and this would be an opportunity for all of classmates to pay their respects to those that have..."gone too soon." It would also make available a place to honor our classmates that have served our country, some being over thirty years. This can also benefit those who are unable to travel to our reunions.

Sincerely,
Pamela Crowder-Montez
HPHS Class of 1968

Friday, October 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM - Response #43

Hi Pamela, Your post reads as if you may wish to enter the contest. Please reply with Brad's 'magic words' if you do.

Thanks!

Pamela Hefner-Montez wrote:

This is a very exciting option for classmates from all over the world to share in. We just had our 45th Class Reunion and our classmates loved this site. I am very proud of our page and was/am honored to have made our web site so exciting. Sadly we have lost many classmates and this would be an opportunity for all of classmates to pay their respects to those that have..."gone too soon." It would also make available a place to honor our classmates that have served our country, some being over thirty years. This can also benefit those who are unable to travel to our reunions.

Sincerely,
Pamela Crowder-Montez
HPHS Class of 1968

Edited 10/25/13 8:14 PM
Friday, October 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM - Response #44

I think this sounds great. Is there any prices available for the additional pages?

Friday, October 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM - Response #45

ENTER ME.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 5:05 PM - Response #46

Please enter me into this contest.

Sincerely, Debbie Dillon

Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM - Response #47

Enter Me

Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM - Response #48

Please enter me! ThanksLaughing

Edited 10/26/13 6:23 PM
Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM - Response #49

ENTER MEVery Happy

Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM - Response #50

This is a great idea and will help many classes.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM - Response #51

ENTER ME

Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM - Response #52

Enter me , it sounds great.

Tom from Huntsville, Ala.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 9:51 PM - Response #53

I would like to enter the contest. We just completed our 52nd Class Reunion on the road in Chicago, our base is Birmingham Alabama.

A. H. Parker High School
ahparker61.com
Ronald Goodwin

Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM - Response #54

The message from Brad sent us says there is going to be an on going, long term business relationship between class creator and the company conducting this contest. Very interesting and wonderful. What other things can we admins look forward to seeing and being offered in the future? Are the professional expertise and services of any other third party companies going to be used to bring to actuality any items on the long existing and much discussed Class Creator Wish a List? And if it's not too much trouble, can class creator ownership please address our other questions? It would be appreciated.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 2:01 AM - Response #55

Hi Gary -- I tweaked the initial post to address initial questions prior to emailing all Administrators.

Your other questions are good but let's keep this thread about the Picaboo Partnership and contest. Happy to address questions about non-related items in other threads.

Gary Hodge wrote:

The message from Brad sent us says there is going to be an on going, long term business relationship between class creator and the company conducting this contest. Very interesting and wonderful. What other things can we admins look forward to seeing and being offered in the future? Are the professional expertise and services of any other third party companies going to be used to bring to actuality any items on the long existing and much discussed Class Creator Wish a List? And if it's not too much trouble, can class creator ownership please address our other questions? It would be appreciated.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 2:51 AM - Response #56

Exclamation Brad's email announcing the close of the contest is copied below. To be clear, we offer this:Exclamation

The contest closes at ONE MINUTE after 11:59pm Sunday, October 27th, 2013, which is 12:00 midnight, Monday, October 28th, 2013. (This is Eastern Daylight Time.)

To read the contest details, please see Brad's post at the top of this page.

This week, one of our fellow admins will win $1,000 toward a Memory Book order and see it displayed as a sample book on Picaboo and Class Creator's sites!

Who will win?
Will it be you?

Good Luck, Everyone!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Memory Books
Date: Sat, October 26, 2013 4:24 pm
To: info@theadminsplace.com

If you haven't had a chance to take a look at the Picaboo Memory Book software, click here to do so now. It's a terrific system. There's nothing like a high-quality, beautiful Memory Book you can hold in your hands and enjoy with others. Our new partnership with Picaboo takes the ability to share memories to a new level.

Several Class Creator Administrators have written in seeking assistance with the Picaboo system. Be sure not to miss the User Manual and 17 minute instructional video.

Finally, our $1,000 Memory Book contest closes Monday, October 28th at midnight! If you haven't entered yet you can enter here.

This partnership between Class Creator and Picaboo has only begun. In the coming months new tools are on the way to create the most seamless possible relationship between our two companies. We're looking forward to working with the folks at Picaboo to create a little magic.

Brad Switzer
Class Creator

Edited 10/27/13 3:10 AM
Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 3:27 AM - Response #57

(For anyone who received several redundant notifications from this thread sorry about that)

Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 4:14 AM - Response #58

But the previous questions I submitted to you, Brad, in the forums, were about the contest.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 4:24 AM - Response #59

Sorry for the confusion Gary. I cleaned up the initial questions and worked them into the opening post prior to emailing all Administrators (just trying to make it easier for people to get relevant info without having to read through a long thread). For instance you asked if people can you use the software for free, which you can see I included in the opening post (yes, you can). Any other questions regarding Picaboo we'll be happy to answer.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 10:54 AM - Response #60

Enter me please.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM - Response #61

Enter Me
Having done one two months ago in Shutterfly, I am interested to see what I can do with Picaboo.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM - Response #62

A little over thirty minutes left of this contest!

Good luck to all who entered! Smile

Edited 10/27/13 11:23 PM
Monday, October 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM - Response #63

Thanks to all who entered the "$1,000 Free Toward Your Memory Book" Contest. The contest is now closed. Our winner will be contacted and announced soon!

Stay tuned! Smile

Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM - Response #64

And the winner of the "$1,000 Free Toward Your Memory Book" Contest is...

Stan Maupin, Albemarle High School!

Congratulations, Stan!

Everyone at Picaboo and Class Creator looks forward seeing your Memory Book!

With a tight deadline of December 1, 2013, we will be checking in with Stan on his progress. Check back here to see what Stan has to say!

Thanks to everyone who entered the contest!

Edited 10/31/13 3:59 PM
Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM - Response #65

I believe Stan has started working on the his memory book for all of us to view this December. Now I'm itching to get in there to make one. Will I? It depends how many photos I have in several accessible locations since I packed things up.

Is anyone else considering working on a book or maybe someone has already started.

Someone asked where we get started. Head on over to Picaboo Yearbooks to turn their yearbook software into what works for you.

Edited 11/05/13 9:38 PM
Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM - Response #66

Congratulations Stan!
Wish you all the best and look forward to seeing your Memory Book! Smile

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 5:09 PM - Response #67

I noticed that we have Memory Book posted on our Admin. area. Went to Picaboo to check it out. Not sure It will do what we want in a Directory and Memory Book. I like the order idea that class members order and no obligation on how many is ordered.

Do we have someone from Class Creator that has done the Picabook yearbook. Would love feedback if they liked it, and was it what they wanted. WIll it allow us to add profile info into their program.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 3:31 PM - Response #68

Hi Karen, A Memory Book has been made by one of our admins, Stan Maupin. He is making some adjustments to it and it should be live soon. Sorry for the delay. Stay tuned.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.