ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Excel Template - Column name changes?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/02/09 10:56 PM Views: 1431 Replies: 4
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Hi,
Very few of our Classmates live in the USA, so my questions relate to some of the column names in the Excel template to be uploaded.
I appreciate that the col names may not be changed before uploading the file, but will I be able to change the col names after upload.
EG May 'State' be changed to 'Province' after upload, as most of our Classmates live in South Africa, some in Australia, New zealand, and Israel?
For the same reason, may I later change 'Zip' to 'Postal Code'
Must the 'Add1' and 'Add2' be street addresses - could I enter postal addresses in those fields?

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 12:23 AM - Response #1

Contact Info: You cannot change any field names in the contact details, but if somethign would help make the system more international let me know what specific recommendations you have and we can probably adjust the system to accommodate everyone. For instance State could read State/Province, etc.

Profile: You can change anything you want using your Profile Generator link. Rename fields to whatever you want, deactivate any defaults if you don't want them at all, or create your own custom questions to suit the specific needs of your class. The sky's the limit on what you can do with your Profiles.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 6:20 AM - Response #2

I think the following changes would accomodate classmates from most countries:

'State' to 'State/Province'
'Zip' to 'Zip/Postal Code'

Thank you.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 2:31 PM - Response #3

No problem.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 at 11:25 PM - Response #4

THANK YOU!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.