ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Guest Members

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/02/09 09:55 PM Views: 1532 Replies: 4
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9:55 PM

How do I turn off the Class Year on my guest member's profile? I have a multi class website. The guest members profiles show up with the first class year.
Thanks for all that you do.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 12:31 AM - Response #1

Guest Members on multi year sites do not have class years. They're also not showing up with your first year, which is 1975. On your 1975 page you only have your 1975 Classmates.

Guest Members are displayed on the first page under the selection of years. We used to show Guests at the bottom of every single year, but that seemed to give Guests more billing than actual Classmates. Guests have to appear somewhere, so the final verdict was to display them on the page with your class years, rather than on every single year page.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 7:30 AM - Response #2

I noticed some of my guests actually added a class year when creating a profile thus adding them to the bottom of that class year. I went in and modified their profile

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 3:15 PM - Response #3

All right, I'm confusing myself now. I just talked about this with the programmer and awhile back people wanted the option to link guests with a specific year. Or not. So now you can do either one. This way you've got control over whether the Guest appears lumped together with other guests on the class years page, or if the Guest belongs to only a certain year, and thus appears at the bottom of just that class year.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 6:25 PM - Response #4

I had a problem with my Guest Members not showing up when I sent a blanket email (using the option of choosing who gets the email), so I left them as Guest Members but showed them as a graduate of a class year. I have their actual graduation year in parentheses by their name, so I know when they did graduate. Hope this helps. If there is an easier way to do this, I'm all ears. This was not too complicated though.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.