ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

What can registrants-in-waiting see?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/01/10 03:47 PM Views: 1328 Replies: 5
Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 3:47 PM

In response to a hijacking/spamming incident on our site this morning we've implemented the administrative verification procedure supplied by Class Creator (thank you). To test it out I created a phony classmate and then registered as him. I wanted to see what he could see while he was still in limbo awaiting (my) verification. Turns out the password protected pages are blocked out but the Home Page Announcements that are blocked unless one is logged on are visible. Doesn't seem as they should be visible to a non-verified individual.

Just my thoughts.

Jim

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 5:30 PM - Response #1

If you go to Edit Site Pages, Edit for Homepage, and Edit Announcements, and then click to Edit one of the announcements, you will see Display To options and a drop down list of three options, 1. Everyone, 2. Logged in only, 3. Non logged in only.

As I thought through my answer, I decided to make myself part of your class for a few minutes and added my name to your site (Scott Mastenbrook). I've already deleted myself in case you go looking. I understand what you are thinking now and agree. If you set an announcement to Logged in only, then only Approved/Verified classmates would see these Announcements. I will need to forward this on to a programmer for them to address.

Sorry for the confusion about me logging into your site. I needed to see what you were seeing to determine a course of action. We will have a programmer adjust the system so that non verified members are not viewed as being logged in, and therefore would not see the announcements that are displayed to Logged In Only.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 at 5:54 PM - Response #2

Thanks Scott. Really appreciate the personal attention you guys/gals deliver.

Jim

Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 10:16 PM - Response #3

All set here now.

Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 10:22 PM - Response #4

Thank you.

You guys are working late. Exclamation

Jim

Friday, December 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM - Response #5

We have been accused of working strange and long hours before! Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.