ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Floating Hearts

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/02/11 08:30 AM Views: 1631 Replies: 13
Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Please HELP!!!

I have been unable to remove the floating hearts from our home page.

Thank you very much.
Louise

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 8:49 AM - Response #1

You had the falling hearts and lips code in your home page code. I cut/pasted it into a new announcement so you can turn it on again next year.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 9:57 AM - Response #2

Kyle, thank you so very, very much!!!

Now, how do I remove the final 2 little hearts scattered down the home page?

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 10:42 AM - Response #3

I don't see any hearts. Please look again.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 11:16 AM - Response #4

Now they have disappeared. Thanks so much!!!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 11:20 AM - Response #5

You're welcome. (FYI: this is how I did it: First, right-clicked on one of the hearts to find out the name (view image info). Edit Site Pages, Edit home Page, SOURCE, searched for the name of the image, then deleted the entire Less-than img HTML code for the heart graphic.)

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 3:31 PM - Response #6

Kyle, thanks again . . . will make a note of this information for future reference.

Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM - Response #7

With Valentine's Day approaching I thought I would try displaying Floating or Falling Hearts for our classmates on our homepage.
I applied the falling snow last month and easily found that code, but I can't seem to be able to find the code to apply the falling hearts.

Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 11:45 AM - Response #8

For the benefit of new administrators or for those who have not attempted to apply floating holiday or seasonal symbols, you might consider listing the steps for us also. Thanks! Jon

Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 6:40 PM - Response #9

See THIS revised script discussion for snow, leaves, etc. Just added valentines. I had that in an older version 3 years ago and just adding back stuff as the dates arrive. NEWER version handles page size better (limited to only visible screen now), so if you are using an older version, recommend going to new version.

Code for valentine hearts and lips is below. But you can use your own graphics to customize. See docs.

Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 9:02 PM - Response #10

Thank you, Jack. I'll give it a try.
I plan to "cut and paste" the entire text code you provided, however should I delete "Make Snow" if I only want to choose the "Valentine" Hearts?
(It's indeed a Small world - One of my classmates lives half way across the U.S. in your Bothel, Washington.)

Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 9:18 PM - Response #11

Copy it exactly as shown.

"MakeSnow" is the name of the script - so that is always the same. The 'parameter' value defines one of the predefined images - in this case "valentine" or you can make your own [see docs from the page link].

Predefined is a lot simpler.

Halloween, Easter are to be added next. Now where are my old images?

Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 9:20 PM - Response #12

Bothell has been transformed enormously in the last 10 years. Both geographically (about 2x the size) and new stuff like roads and buildings. Hope he likes it.

Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 9:47 AM - Response #13

See this forum for a discussion of Jack's script
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....BD7-B9601738DC6A9CA7

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.