ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Question about "What's New"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/18/14 10:16 AM Views: 675 Replies: 3
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Like all of us, I received the email from Brad describing the "What's New" feature. In that email, Brad states:

Quote:

Information from around your web site is reported to the What's New page. Most "Notify Me" items now make the What's New page, such as classmate birthdays, profile updates, site page updates etc.

Last night I added an announcement to our home page thinking that it would also show up on the "What's New" page. Well, this morning, there is no mention of the new announcement when clicking "What's New".

Am I wrong in thinking site page updates should show up on "What's New"?

Bob

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 1:11 PM - Response #1

From what I see here, some do. And some don't. And of the things which do not, some used to. And some of those which used to and stopped, finally started again later. It's definitely a work in progress.

Some of us have suggested that the code which populates the What's New page appears to be more complex than it needs to be. Anything which generates a Notify Me email (except for private messages) are obviously 'new' and are just as obviously candidates for What's New. I still believe that's an excellent goal to pursue.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 10:25 AM - Response #2

Bob... I believe that is something that may have been missed. Since announcements are sort of a "sub section" of the homepage and are saved apart from the homepage itself. I will mention this so that it can be added.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 10:28 AM - Response #3

Thanks Scott. Bob

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.