ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Ispring to CC page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/30/13 02:18 PM Views: 1184 Replies: 8
Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I've been attempting to post a power point presentation and have tried to understand the directions on the forums. So far, I think I've converted my show to flash via ISpring. If this is the case, I can not find any code to embed in the CC page.

On another forum, it said to upload the swf file; and when trying to do so in the way pictures are uploaded, I failed.

Sorry, but I think I need a step-by-step from PowerPoint to CC page.

Thanks--I hope
Carole

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 3:31 PM - Response #1

The following directions are good for uploading and linking to any non image file from you site.

Uploading a non image document to the File Vault...

To upload a non image documents to the File Vault, locate any page that has an Editor Window, such as by going to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page next to Homepage.

1. What I typically do first is decide on where my link will be and what my link phrase will say. Type the link phrase into the editor window and use your cursor to highlight the phrase.

2. On the Editor Window, look for the icon in the second row of buttons that is about 2/3 to the right that looks like a globe with a chain link, this is the Insert / Edit Link button. Click this button and a small window will appear. Click the Browse button and locate your file on your machine. Once selected, press the Open / Select button and then you will need to click the Upload button to the right. The window should close, leaving your link phrase blue and underlined. This means that it is linked, however to test the link you must save the page and go to the actual page of the site to click the link.

If you are creating the link on a page of your site, you should be done at this point. However, if you are creating the link in an email, there is one more step.

3. For links in email, you need to modify the link slightly. Highlight the link phrase and click the Insert Link button again. When the Link window opens, locate the form field for URL. It will have a link path that looks similar to this: /000/0/2/8/8820/userfiles/file/NameOfYourDocFile.doc (note the doc type will depend on what you are linking to.). At the beginning of this URL link path, you need to add your domain name. The final URL needs to look like this: http://www.yourDomainName.com/000/0/2/8/...ameOfYourDocFile.doc

4. To test the link, send yourself a test message from the system and click the link. You should be prompted to download / or save / or open your document depending on your browser.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM - Response #2

Scott, thanks so much. That worked perfectly.

I guess, however, I asked the wrong question. I would like the actual slide show to appear on the page instead of a link. Is this possible?

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM - Response #3

Thanks for asking this, Carole. It is another learning opportunity about embedding something other than I am used to and the step-by-step info from Scott will help many in the days, weeks and months to come! Smile

Friday, May 31, 2013 at 10:40 AM - Response #4

Hey Scott, can you help with this? I'm afraid it got buried last night.

Thanks, Carole

Friday, May 31, 2013 at 12:36 PM - Response #5

.pdf, .doc, .ppt files are all files that you can link to from our system, but not embed on the pages themselves. Question: Is the slide show that you created something that you can recreate using our Gallery Creator and then use the slide show function from it to embed on your page?

Friday, May 31, 2013 at 1:25 PM - Response #6

I'm not sure but will try.

Thanks,
Carole

Friday, May 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM - Response #7

I can not do the slide show in Gallery Creator because I don't have all the layout flexibility that PowerPoint does.

Can I embed any other kind of slideshow--like Picassa, PhotoBucket, ?

Friday, May 31, 2013 at 2:23 PM - Response #8

Any site that provides you with an embed code to share your content will work.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.