ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Slide Show

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/22/09 07:40 AM Views: 1836 Replies: 8
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 7:40 AM

I am beginning to create a slide show which shows our yearbook. How do I make zoom in while watching?

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 12:57 PM - Response #1

It depends what you're making the slide show in, and what the interface allows. I.E. is it a video you're uploading to Youtube, is it your own Flash slide show creation, is it something created on slide.com or photocucket.com, etc. All of these things are viable solutions, but overall the answer to your question is that the capabilities of the presentation and the interface itself will be based on what you're using to create the slideshow.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 5:09 PM - Response #2

The slide show is being made with slide.com. My site is Lebanon High School, class of 1960 and the slide show is under "Our Yearbook". Sorry I didn't explain it well.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 5:28 PM - Response #3

I've never tried slide.com's slideshow feature myself, so hopefully somebody here has some experience with it and can address zooming.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 6:58 PM - Response #4

Hi Billy,

I have several slideshows using slide.com but have never heard of a way to zoom the pictures once it is in the slide show. Slide.com lets you choose different presentations and I have noticed that some of them showcase the pictures better than others.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 7:32 AM - Response #5

Hi Billy....

While I agree with Dawn as far as not knowing of a way to actually "zoom" a photo closer, maybe you'd be interested in the next best thing? If you check my "In & Around Bethel" page on my site, way at the bottom there is a slideshow of our new school. This was made using Picture Trail, and it does give you the option to "magnify" the photo, so in essence it'll give you the same effect. You just need to move your mouse over the part of the picture you want to get a closer look at. Hope that might do it for you.

-Doug

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 11:26 AM - Response #6

Thanks for the response. I will try PictureTrail to see if it will do for me.
Bill

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 1:45 PM - Response #7

I tried it and I like it better than Slide (although it is limited to 60 pictures per slide show). Thanks a lot. I am using it now.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 2:30 PM - Response #8

Gald it worked out for you Bill.... Good Luck!

-Doug

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.