ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/02/20 03:59 PM Views: 580 Replies: 18
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 3:59 PM

Not to sound desperate but I’ve messaged twice that my email does not work. I sent a test to me and it worked. But I can’t send to the class. We had a death and I feel it’s impor I send the info before the person is buried.

Edited 06/03/20 10:03 AM
Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 4:54 PM - Response #1

On Notify Me, change your setting on "An administrator sends an email to all classmates" to "Immediately," if that's not already the setting. Then, under Email the Class, compose an email and select yourself as the only member to receive it. Select the box that says "Send Email Now," instead of "Send Test to Me." See what happens. I just did that and received the email within 5 minutes.

Our site has a premium email account. Maybe you have a platinum email account and that's accounting for what's happening. Just a guess.

Edited 06/02/20 4:56 PM
Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 2:31 PM - Response #2

Seems to be an ongoing issue. Sending Test To Me works but regular send of 3 recent ones does not, albeit some got through, the majority of 290 did not, including my own and a test account - both with Gmail address.
And Notify Me is Set to Immediately.

Edited 06/03/20 3:11 PM
Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 3:12 AM - Response #3

planning to start notifications Thursday. Email the Class is functioning and the messages are going out. We are checking into a few items on the reporting side of it. We have had a few that went out in mass but the counter isn't catching them all. We are still investigating.

Karen I know you spoke with support earlier. Use the email address he recommended and send the Email the Class to everyone again.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 11:20 AM - Response #4

[quote="Jessica "]planning to start notifications Thursday. Email the Class is functioning and the messages are going out. We are checking into a few items on the reporting side of it. We have had a few that went out in mass but the counter isn't catching them all. We are still investigating.
/quote]
Just sent another "Send Email Now" to just my two profiles @ 11:04AM and a "Send Test To Me" at 11:14 -
Test Came Through, the original send still has not.
also note that the Subscribe to Thread response quoted above has also not come to my mailbox

EDITED REPLY 12:13AM
only one "Test to me" came through on my primary email, the test account still has not come in nor have the regular "Send Now".

Edited 06/04/20 12:14 PM
Friday, June 5, 2020 at 1:18 AM - Response #5

Hi all,

We were planning to start up the notifications today, however, after investigating some other email reports we are starting them tonight instead.

We are investigating a few issues with some emails. The majority of emails are working, however, we do have reports of some where the counters aren't registering even when the emails were read and a few others where mail is not arriving to everyone. We have a clean out script that we are about to run that will be going through every possible stage an email goes through from the moment it is generated to the moment it leaves the mail processing server. If anything is clogged up anywhere that we can't see it will push it through. We have cleared every queue that we can get to, however, the program that generates the mail does have some internal ques as well so we are trying to rule out anything being caught up in that process. If anything is stuck anywhere this should push it out.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, June 5, 2020 at 2:56 AM - Response #6

Thanks Jessica, we really appreciate all the work you and the team have been putting in on this.
We'll wait till mid-day to try a few email test sends.
BTW - the emails we have sent before still have not come through as well as a CONTACT US Message tonight did not forward to me, I discovered it in the message center. In fact all recent posts [that duplicated themselves] did not reach me in notification.

Friday, June 5, 2020 at 4:55 PM - Response #7

I just did another test for my site and still no email went out. I had a very time sensitive email that I have been trying to send since Wednesday morning. Could someone please help me? Thank you.
Stuart Cohen
847-772-1818

Friday, June 5, 2020 at 6:49 PM - Response #8

Will someone please email me or call me. This is extremely frustrating. Our email that was supposed to go out to our entire 700+ email list on Wednesday still has not gone out.

Friday, June 5, 2020 at 6:56 PM - Response #9

New Trier 1970,

I'm sorry to hear about your email difficulties. The email system is apparently hit or miss, as we sent an email out to 182 members on June 2, just after the migration was complete, and it's been read by 144 so far. Hoping things clear up for you soon.

Edited 06/05/20 6:57 PM
Friday, June 5, 2020 at 6:57 PM - Response #10

Jessica, when will I hear from someone? When will this be fixed for my class website? Thank you.

Friday, June 5, 2020 at 7:10 PM - Response #11

What's worse about the difficulties is that I pay for a premium plus membership which promises a response within 24 hours and now we are at over 58 hours without a response of any kind for Class Curator to explain the situation.

Monday, June 8, 2020 at 8:20 AM - Response #12

We also have a premier account, New Trier. NOTHING from support.

Monday, June 8, 2020 at 1:20 PM - Response #13

I too am concerned the we aren’t hearing from Class Creator. What could possibly keep them from at least posting an explanation? I’m beginning to fear the worst.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 12:29 AM - Response #14

Sorry for lack of replies. We are simply overwhelmed at the moment. Emails should be improving at this point. Thank you for your patience.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 1:38 PM - Response #15

Scott,
We Appreciate all you guys are doing,we realize that you are swamped but we need some guidance and communication. The Following issues persist.

DUPLICATION in Whats New and Profile posts as well as duplicate Notifications of the posts.

TRUNCATION of Posts, It Seems that ii's mostly those that are edited. a Member posted lengthy post and when he went in to correct a spelling, it truncated to half the length at a second paragraph.

NOTIFICATIONS stalling, some up to 2 days or not going out at all.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 6:11 PM - Response #16

Duplication of posts is a serious and frustrating issue. Also, birthdays have not been announced in the what's new section. We love that feature and miss it!

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 7:28 AM - Response #17

The email the class function is still not working properly. We sent an email on June 2 and then again June 4. According to the system, the emails were sent to and read by 248 classmates (both days), which I find hard to believe because that just never happens. I also know that any of the classmates who have a gmail, didn’t receive the email, including the author of the email. Further, the bounce backs don’t register because the system thinks everyone received and read the email.
With our 50th reunion supposed to be happening this year, isn’t so we need to communicate with our class.
Anyone else have this issue after the migration?
Thanks for any help!

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 4:39 PM - Response #18

It seems to be working fine now... at least on our site.

Try sending an email MARKED TEST to a select few classmates with instructions to contact you directly at your personal email as to when they received it and when it was read.
Also use the SEND A TEST TO ME function to check that as well.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.