ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Music?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/02/09 01:49 PM Views: 1419 Replies: 5
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I have the play.it widget that I embedded on the home page on my site. Is there anyway to keep the music going while people navigate to different pages?

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 2:29 PM - Response #1

Anne,

I use Playlist.com where I put in all the 70's music I wanted and then put it on my home page. Once it's there if the classmates want to continue to listen to a song they can click on the pop up player and minimize it and then listen to their content. I am not too familiar with the CBS radio thing, but I did check it out and noticed they didn't have any 70's music so I opted to go with Playlist.

Good luck!
Dawn

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 3:38 PM - Response #2

Anne / Dawn....

At this time, they (CBS Radio Player that is) do not have a pop-out option, although that is coming (To me personally, I have used playlist before, and - 1.) Hardly any of the classmates used the pop out option (could just be our class) & 2.) I have other things on some of my other pages that also play music, and the classmates found it annoying to have to stop one or the other music player so as not to interfere with another. Again, that is just my perference (and theirs).

As far as the play.it music player not having any '70's music....I don't get that. My class is '71 and I found tons, and use it on my homepage. Keep in mind, when you search for your music and stations, it helps to use the plural, 70's vs 70 I have found. But either way, good luck with whatever you decide upon.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 4:07 PM - Response #3

I found lots of 70's music on play.it too so maybe try searching again? There's even an option to select a 70's station if you don't want to pick out your own.

I guess I'll be patient for the cbs.com version to get that option.

I liked playlist, except for the fact that they limit the number of songs you get to choose.

Thanks for the feedback. This is a great forum...you all are helping me make a great site!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 4:30 PM - Response #4

I opened our site yesterday (finally!) and it all looks good enough, however I went ahead and let the player from Playlist.com be embed, instead of trying to figure out how to have just music without the player.
Now my trouble is, it seems that it doesn't que up and start immediately...you kind of have to scroll 'over' it, in order for it to start. The player is at the very bottom of my page, so by the time everyone has read all the info, it's kinda late to start the music.
Any way to kick it off right as soon as they click onto that reunion page?

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 at 11:28 PM - Response #5

CINDI MLADENKA wrote:

I opened our site yesterday (finally!) and it all looks good enough, however I went ahead and let the player from Playlist.com be embed, instead of trying to figure out how to have just music without the player.
Now my trouble is, it seems that it doesn't que up and start immediately...you kind of have to scroll 'over' it, in order for it to start. The player is at the very bottom of my page, so by the time everyone has read all the info, it's kinda late to start the music.
Any way to kick it off right as soon as they click onto that reunion page?

Cindi

Playlist.com normally will start right off when it is on the site. I have in the past 7 websites that I've put playlist on and never had this happen. If you like email your code and I'll see if there is something stopping it from starting right away. Mine is at the bottom of my page with our senior class picture on it.

Dawn

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.