ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Teacher listed in Memory Section.

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/22/09 10:53 PM Views: 1334 Replies: 6
Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Is there anyway to add teachers to the memory section?
We have a multi-year site and lots of teachers that have passed away.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 2:11 AM - Response #1

Hi Karen,

We will be adding this option for the multi-year sites with teacher profiles. The teacher profile section is new and there are several areas that are still under development.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 8:26 AM - Response #2

Karen,

After reading your post, I was going to suggest adding teachers as guest members. This is what we did for the ones that have passed away and then they were able to be listed in the in memory section. I see you have a teacher profile page in place already though.

BTW, I wanted to comment on your website. I have looked at many of the websites here and have never seen one quite like yours! It looks like several people put in a lot of time to make your school's website. I cannot believe there is a high school alumni association anywhere that could have completed a more comprehensive website with information from so many years. GREAT JOB!!!!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 9:07 AM - Response #3

David,
Thank you soooo much. That's just what I needed to hear. We've got a long way to go. Scanning yearbooks takes forever. I've got a sports guy and a photo gal. One that's taking care of all the reunion stuff and one that converts all the yearbooks to PDF and posts them on the site. They are working very hard. I'm the one scanning yearbooks though, and I've let up for a week I needed a break. I can't wait until the new options are available so we can organize the photos. Anyway, you made my day.

Edited 02/24/09 12:51 PM
Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 2:31 AM - Response #4

How did you add teacher section to in memory page?

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 5:53 AM - Response #5

Karen Hall wrote:

Scanning yearbooks takes forever. I've got a sports guy and a photo gal. One that's taking care of all the reunion stuff and one that converts all the yearbooks to PDF and posts them on the site. They are working very hard. I'm the one scanning yearbooks though, and I've let up for a week I needed a break. I can't wait until the new options are available so we can organize the photos. Anyway, you made my day.

K, Nice site...
UGGG, I have to move on this, note to self...
find someone to scan yearbooks!!!Shocked

Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM - Response #6

Hi Sylvia,

The multi-year alumni sites have teacher profiles and the teachers are segmented on the In Memory page. For single year sites that add teachers as guests show them as segmented as a guest.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.