ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Force Feed a Data Field after Upload

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/27/10 12:41 PM Views: 1184 Replies: 2
Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Brad, I modified the profile to add a question about the graduation year. Now I want to force "1961" into all the profiles on my web site. (Profiles were previously updated with Excel).

So could you please describe a way to force the data in the profile field?

Thanks, Ed Didrickson

Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM - Response #1

Not possible. There is no built-in way to auto inject data into custom fields you've created with Profile Generator.

Let me ask you this though, why are you doing this? Why not just click Edit School / Logos and convert your site to the multi format to encompass both graduating years? If you do that the question will automatically be included and you won't have to create your own.

Further, you could use the Reset Classmates function to delete all Classmate names who haven't joined your site. Then you could use the Excel multi year import template to import your entire class again right into their respective years where they go.

What I just said here may sound difficult but it's not. If you want to convert to the multi year format, just export your Class List to Excel first. Then do the conversion. They copy your Class Names to the multi year Excel import sheet. You can easily include the class year on the import sheet.

If you're running two separate graduating years under the same web site, you're much better off using the multi year format (unless you have some specific reason why you really want both of the classes all mixed together on the site).

Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 7:45 PM - Response #2

Thanks - that is exactly what happended - after starting the site we decided to include another class so we'll you your built in feature.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.