ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New User Can't Login

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/04/17 07:59 PM Views: 997 Replies: 6
Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 7:59 PM

www.SAHS1967.net

I have a new user who cannot log on to the website. I have deleted her profile, added her again, all without access. Could someone look at this issue and let me know what the problem is.

The person's name is: Anne Treanor McElhinny
Her email address is correct on her profile

Thank you.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 8:14 AM - Response #1

She needs to JOIN before she can LOGIN.

The problem is that she CAN'T JOIN because you have both the Classmate Profiles and the Missing Classmates pages password protected, so there is no way that she can click on her profile to click the JOIN NOW link.

We recommend that you do not have a password on the Classmate Profiles page. To remove the password, go to Edit Site Pages, EDIT LINK for the Classmate Profiles and remove the check mark from the "Restrict to Classmates only".

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 11:17 AM - Response #2

Thank you so much. I feel like a fool! Since I have to approve all new users, is it ok to unlock all the pages?

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 11:49 AM - Response #3

It's a personal choice, based on your feelings about privacy.

All our pages are unlocked. This allows classmates as well as visitors from other classes to see everything and has resulted in many of our former classmates and some teachers and classmates from other years joining the site. We haven't had any problems for 8 years.

Classmates choose whether to lock or unlock their profiles and thus control their own privacy. My profile is unlocked and includes my email, phone and address, which I've typed into the Comments section. I've had no problems with that.

Some classes like to have their In Memory pages locked, but I personally don't. I like everyone to see the tributes.

In the end, choosing which pages to lock or unlock comes down to your overall philosphy: exclusivity (totally private), inclusivity (totally open), or something in between.

Edited 07/05/17 2:57 PM
Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 11:22 PM - Response #4

Mary Ann,

I looked over your In Memory entries and was surprised at how many you have with an unknown year of death. Here's an obituary I found for William Luzader: Your text to link here...; and here's one for John Sayre: Your text to link here.... Here's a gravestone photo for Ronald Torman, with his date of passing: Your text to link here...

Hope these are helpful.

Edited 07/05/17 11:22 PM
Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 1:23 PM - Response #5

Wow, Scott! What a great help you are!

Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 1:31 PM - Response #6

I agree with Scott's response #3. When I help others and the topic of which pages should not be locked the following is my suggestion.

These pages are open on my sites and what I suggest others do:
- Class Profiles
- Home Page
- Contact Us
- Missing Classmate, though I am on the fence as to this page.

In regards to the Home Page, I do not use the Home Page Content space. The page is all announcements without the Announcement header or bullets and the background is white. This gives you the option to make ANY ONE notice viewable to logged in only, not logged in or everyone. I have found the announcements to work the best!

(Caps used above as the BBCode editor is blank above this edit window.)

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.