ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/26/08 04:57 PM Views: 1128 Replies: 2
Friday, September 26, 2008 at 4:57 PM

We have had multiple issues with people changing or deleting their info and then not being able to either log in with the new info or not being able to post new information. One of our more technical people is suggesting that user firewalls especially the security ID portion may be the culprit. Has anyone else had similar problems, and if so, what sort of resolution/guidelines do you have?

thanks
Nancy Groth

Friday, September 26, 2008 at 5:23 PM - Response #1

When somebody changes their info, and then says they cannot log in, ask them what the login problem is specifically. In my experience you're going to find:

1) 5% of the time somebody is having a cookie issue. For cookie issues, read our FAQs, click Questions About Passwords, then read how to solve cookie problems. You can pass this information along to your Classmates.

2) 5% of the time there is a technical issue that has to be tracked down to their specific explanation of what they're seeing when they can't log in.

3) And 90% of the time, people changed their information and then forgot what they changed it to. Or they typed it wrong when they changed it. (Yes, I know they'll swear to you that they're typing in everything correctly and that they still cannot log in.)

But, they're not... So, what you want to ask them is what specific email address they are typing in first. Then go see if their email address is actually what they're telling you it is. If it's not, then change it for them. And if it is, then paste that email address into the "Forgot Password" feature on your login box. Then our system will email them their correct password.

I'll betcha anything that you're going to find out that 90% of your reported issues are simple entry mistakes, or people forgetting what they actually entered. Let me know if I'm wrong though. Smile

Edited 09/26/08 6:59 PM
Friday, September 26, 2008 at 5:25 PM - Response #2

Oh by the way, if people can't log in, ask them if they are getting the "Sorry" message. If they are, there is only one reason people can ever get that message. And that reason is because they are not typing in the email address and/or password that is registered in the system.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.