ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can I link a PayPal account to an "Event"?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/20/17 01:36 PM Views: 731 Replies: 3
Monday, February 20, 2017 at 1:36 PM

I've used PayPal for the donations feature of the class site. When creating a new event, I am able to select options for check, cash, Credit Card. Can I also add a PayPal option for event ticket sales? If so, how? Thanks!

Monday, February 20, 2017 at 2:26 PM - Response #1

We are no longer working with PayPal. You will need to select the Credit Card option provided by Class Creator or accept online payments within the Event Planner system.

Monday, February 20, 2017 at 2:44 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the response! That's unfortunate about PayPal but I understand things change. Our PayPal fee was only 2.9% but CC fee is 5.9%. If I offer the Credit Card as an option, do you know if there a way I can note an upcharge in only those purchases that use the Credit Card option at checkout? If they pay via check or cash, etc. they shouldn't have to pay the additional. I don't want to charge more for the event for everyone trying to offset the cost of the CC fee option (it'd be a guess as to how many would use it). It's a very convenient option but I need to find a way to cover the cost of adding it only to those that choose its convenience. Any ideas? Thanks a million!

Monday, February 20, 2017 at 3:10 PM - Response #3

You can create 2 activities... one that you select the option to pay by check and offer that one at one price. And a second activity that has the pay option for Credit Card and an adjusted price.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.