ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Question re Multi Year Site

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/27/10 08:22 AM Views: 1144 Replies: 1
Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Sorry if this has been answered. I tried SEARCH and didn't find what I was looking for.

1. With multi-year, I presume the entire "school" has one homepage, etc. What differentiates the different years?
  2. If multiple years already have their own individual sites, I know you can add them to a multi year site. If they all have different homepages, links, surveys, etc. - what happens with that info? Is it all lost and everyone then comes under the original site's homepage and other page coding?

Thanks. I just want to be sure on how this works as I know you can't go back once you've converted to multi year.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM - Response #1

PROG SITE ADMINISTRATOR wrote:

Sorry if this has been answered. I tried SEARCH and didn't find what I was looking for.
  1. With multi-year, I presume the entire "school" has one homepage, etc. What differentiates the different years?
  2. If multiple years already have their own individual sites, I know you can add them to a multi year site. If they all have different homepages, links, surveys, etc. - what happens with that info? Is it all lost and everyone then comes under the original site's homepage and other page coding?

Thanks. I just want to be sure on how this works as I know you can't go back once you've converted to multi year.

1) The main difference is when you click your Classmate Profiles link, you're going to get a list of years instead of a list of Classmates. And then you can click any year to see only Classmates for that graduating year. As member names are posted in various parts of the site, like Profile Updates box and things like that, the class year will often be listed in parenthesis after the name, e.g.: Brad Switzer (1986). Multi year sites also have a whole Teacher Management system and teachers can join and participate in the web site, much the same as Classmates join and participate. Multi year sites have a Teacher Profiles generator as well so they can customize Teacher Profiles to be different from Classmate Profiles.

2) No, if a class has a single year site here and then somebody ads a separate multi year site that encompasses that same class year, the sites have nothing to do with each other at all. They are 100% separate sites and self contained. We really intended the multi year structure primarily for smaller schools who often threw all school reunions. The intent was for there to only be 1 site for the whole school, without separate sites for individual class years.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.