ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

survey questions mechanics

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/23/10 11:28 AM Views: 1477 Replies: 5
Monday, August 23, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Didn't find an answer while searching, so I thought I'd just ask. If we want to make a few changes to wording for checkboxes in a question to an active survey, will we lost the already accumulated responses? My understanding is that if you delete a checkbox item you'll lose the responses that have been made to that one, but that you can always change the text (for example shortening a phrase) and not lose data. I also know that if checkbox choices are re-arranged that the response data goes along with that choice. We're looking for what our parameters are for change to an active survey hopefully to avoid totally recreating a survey. Thx.

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 11:33 AM - Response #1

That is right, changing the text of the question will keep all of the answers, but deleting the question will remove the data associated with the question.

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 11:43 AM - Response #2

Thank you for your quick reply - when you use phrase text of the question, I'm taking this to mean the text in any of the subparts of the questions (ie the text next to a checkbox).

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 12:09 PM - Response #3

That is correct. You can change the verbiage in your question or any of your answers without affecting your existing survey results at all.

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 1:22 PM - Response #4

What if you want to add a new question to an existing survey. Do you have to add it to the bottom only, or can you insert a new question in the middle of the questions without losing already submitted answers?

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 3:13 PM - Response #5

Yes you can enter a new question and place it anywhere in the sort order. The big draw back will be trying to get people who already answered the question to return to the survey and answer that new question.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.