ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Homeroom/Advisory

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/26/22 08:39 PM Views: 3399 Replies: 3
Friday, August 26, 2022 at 8:39 PM

Is there a way to add Advisory/Homeroom Teacher, and then sort Classmates into their respective homeroom?
You know, Mr Jones and Mrs Smith and Ms Green as homeroom advisors, and then associate classmates in those homerooms...So Grads can find other grads-by-homeRoom.

Thanks,
Rick

Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 12:21 AM - Response #1
Homeroom.jpg

Rick,
I did something similar so everyone could see which one of the grade schools which fed our high school each classmate attended. I created a profile question called Grade School, with 4 radio button answers below it - one for each grade school, and an "Other" answer with a fill-in. See attached for an example using your teachers.

Then I edited the class profile page to add an appropriate custom icon to each of the grade school answers (stylized first letter of the grade school's name) so that icon will show up next to each classmate's name on the Class Profile page.

You'd need to have all your classmates edit their profiles to answer that new question - or do it for some if you know the answer (like for those who had not joined yet)

Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 9:17 AM - Response #2

Hi John, this sounds like it might fit the bill!
Pretty sure it will be a lot of work (we had 700 seniors, and 22 'homerooms'....Shocked
Thank you so much for offering up a possible solution.
Rick

Monday, August 29, 2022 at 10:23 PM - Response #3

With 22 'Homerooms' that's probably overkill for icons on the class profile page. But... once most have answered the new profile question, you can download the classmates as a spreadsheet and sort on that field to group classmates by homeroom. And that, of course, could be used to create a new page showing homerooms with classmates.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.