ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Renaming In Memory page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/03/19 05:26 AM Views: 425 Replies: 4
Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 5:26 AM

For over nine years, our site had a page titled "In Memory." Recently, I looked at the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper obituary page and saw it was titled "Life Tributes."

After careful thought, I've renamed our "In Memory" page "Life Tributes." It seems to be a more uplifting phrase. Just throwing this out for your consideration and any other alternative names you may have besides "In Memory" and "In Memoriam."

Edited 03/03/19 5:35 AM
Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 9:12 AM - Response #1

A great idea. Ours went from In Memory to Catherinians Remembered.
Tribute sounds uplifting.
Maybe change to Catherinian Tributes ?

Thanks Scott.

Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 2:19 PM - Response #2

Nice idea. Thanks for sharing.

Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 9:02 PM - Response #3

Nice Idea Scott, but most of my "In Memory" entries have no "life Tributes" in them as that information was not gathered prior to when we started this website. I try and gather any new ones coming in.... How about just "Memorials"?

Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 10:07 PM - Response #4

We have a few, especially some of our upper and lower classmen, for whom all we have is a yearbook photo and a statement of their passing date from the Social Security Death Index. That's pretty sparse, but still it constitutes a life tribute, albeit bare-bones. Yes, "Memorials" is a nice option!

You may wish to check out genealogybank.com and see if they include your hometown newspaper in their collection. In addition to newspaper articles, they have historical and current obituaries and the Social Security Death Index.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.