ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Connecting through android tablet

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/04/14 08:35 PM Views: 764 Replies: 11
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I have a classmate that is having a problem with connecting through her tablet. She says it allows her to log on and she was able to answer our survey question on the home page. I know this because I got an email confirmation she had answered it. She's saying the site won't let her go anywhere and she's not connected on class connection. I tried to get her to see if she could do that and was unable to connect to any of the links on our page. I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet and have no problems connecting with that. Not sure what the problem is. Says she isn't able to log out either. Can you tell if she is logged on still? Her name is Dawn Bailey. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 9:17 PM - Response #1

Not sure why..she's had problems all day and just messaged me through FB and she's good to go now... strange!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 1:23 PM - Response #2

If you are able to find out what the specific issue was that she was having... and how she fixed it, I would like to know. I have another admin asking the same question and I do not know how to answer her. Thanks!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 2:08 PM - Response #3

Along these same lines Scott, do we have a list of things that cannot be done from the standpoint of an administrator using tablets, both Android and iPad?

Last year, I had an admin. get an iPad, and she could compose in 'Email The Class,' but was unable to send.
I simply presumed that it was an iPad issue [software] doing administrator duties as opposed to general site members simply accessing our site on their tablet.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 4:56 PM - Response #5

Just to chime in, I also have a classmate who cannot sign in using Android tablet. Enters id and pw and they are returned to the log in and pw page. I'm guessing they are entering login and pw correctly as they can log in with Windows pc. Wish I could give you more info.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 5:14 PM - Response #6

We will be doing some further Android tablet testing.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 5:30 AM - Response #7

After telling me she was good to go, later that evening I got a message from her telling me she did do what she wanted but was having problems logging off. I will be happy to hear what anyone else might be doing.

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

If you are able to find out what the specific issue was that she was having... and how she fixed it, I would like to know. I have another admin asking the same question and I do not know how to answer her. Thanks!

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM - Response #8

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having a classmate who cannot log in with his Samsung Tablet. He gets to the site and enters his id and password but the site returns "invalid login". He's tried many times over the past few days and I've walked him through keystroke by keystroke. I reset his password and logged in to his account with no trouble from my desktop computer.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 6:55 PM - Response #9

Has he done an update to the latest Android software? We're not having any Android login issues we know of. Also, he doesn't have anything like shift lock on does he? Is he able to log into any other systems with this tablet, such as Facebook for instance?

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM - Response #10

That was my thought. But he doesn't know how to make capital letters on his Android Sad (I'm not kidding). So I set his password to all small letters. He's taking the tablet to Verizon in the morning to ask them why he can't sign on. I'm guessing if they try it on his tablet then one of theirs they will be able to diagnose the problem. I'll let you know and I'll ask him to get them to check the OS update.

Thanks,
Woody

Friday, August 22, 2014 at 7:19 AM - Response #11

The Verizon store solution was to install the Chrome browser. He can now log in and navigate the site using the Chrome browser.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.