ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

search

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/31/11 10:25 AM Views: 1481 Replies: 26
Monday, January 31, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I am not sure what happens when I do a search sometimes the results are showing behind the lefthand column. I am using IE but the same thing happened on Fire Fox. Try doing a search of Ridge. Let me know if you see it too.

Monday, January 31, 2011 at 12:09 PM - Response #1

I concur. Seems like this only effects Multi Year Classes as there is an additional column for Year. When you do the search, It then adds the column for Last Logged In as well. Thanks for reporting the issue.

Monday, January 31, 2011 at 12:33 PM - Response #2

This sort of brings up another issue too. When you do the search at the bottom of the search it shows "Guests". The "Guests" sort of get hidded because there is no tab to click to search on just them. I admit that "Guest" are not high importance but in my mind there are a seperate section just like Teachers.
IMHO

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 1:15 PM - Response #3

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

I concur. Seems like this only effects Multi Year Classes as there is an additional column for Year. When you do the search, It then adds the column for Last Logged In as well. Thanks for reporting the issue.

Any luck on finding the cause of this problem. I am sort of having some problems with this one.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 1:44 PM - Response #4

It appears that we need to rework the table code for the multi year tables. If you are looking for guests - just go to the bottom of your main page and change the page selection to page 535. (The last page) all of your guests appear. Smile

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 3:14 PM - Response #5

Scott,
Please tell me where to find page 535. I do not understand.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 4:41 PM - Response #6

Manage Classmates > Enter Edit Classmates > Scroll to Bottom of page ... there will be a dropdown that starts with Page 1 and a link that says Next > ... pull the dropdown and scroll to the bottom, to 535 (you should be able to click and drag the scroll marker to the bottom for speed) when you select Page 535, you will jump to the last page of your search results which also contains your Guest listings.

You probably already know this, but there is only 1 other class, in our over 12,000 registered classes, that has more members listed on their site, than you. I just got curious when I was realizing that your list was paginated into 535 pages.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 5:02 PM - Response #7

Scott,

So we are number two? I guess we will have to try harder!

I did know how to the find guests to edit. I usually use the search. I am beginning to understand why I have invited some guests to sign on but they never did. I think they could not find their name because they would have to scrool down past the years and then scrool past the box explaing the symbols. I can see how they could have missed it. So to revist the need for a guest tab that would be helpfull for our site. Also, I will look forward to the search fix too.
Thanks

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 5:27 PM - Response #8

Ray - I've revived an old forum post to reply to the image you sent me via email.

I see what is happening. You have made the last name fields so long that our format does not account for the additional space. For example: Jones 1976-1977 Occupational ... These are what are causing the Classmate profiles pages to not be aligned correctly upon search. I do not have an easy way for you to correct this. You would have to hit them individually.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 7:36 PM - Response #9

Scott,
I just created the long names. They are the Teachers. That was just a few months ago. This was happening before that. I guess it was just one of those things that when I saw it I thought that I was the only one seeing it. Now I realize that it was this way for everyone. I hope you got the new email that I sent.
Thanks

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 10:18 AM - Response #10

Okay - I see that we have a way to truncate longer name fields and display the full info in an alt tag. It looks like that logic was not applied to the search results tables. I'm forwarding this to be addressed, however, it might be a little while as the programmers are working hard on other big projects. I have this well documented now. Thanks for your patience.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 7:39 PM - Response #11

No problem.
BTW where has Brad been? Not that you are not appreciated!

Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 8:14 PM - Response #12

My father came into my care from Colorado last week. In ordinary circumstances caring for him is a significant task but add to the fact that the day he arrived he fell and broke his right arm and all of a sudden I've become a 24 hour nurse. Every possible thing he needs to do, I need to do... So I'm a little behind. All good, I wouldn't have it any other way. This will continue through next Wednesday when Dad returns home to Colorado and back to my sister's care. So....real life caught me by surprise this week you could say.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 8:17 PM - Response #13

I'm saying a prayer already for your Dad and his (your) extended family. You are collectively Blessed by him and a Blessing to him.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 9:06 PM - Response #14

Brad:
So Sorry to hear about your Father..it's tough when we have to become parents to our parents. Been there done that!!! Prayers are with you and your family!!
BTW...Talked to Scott yesterday..what a great asset to your bunch!! I hope you are paying him gizillions of dollars!WinkWink
THE BROWNIES ARE IN THE MAIL. THEY WENT PRIORITY MAIL TODAY!!! I THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE THEM BY MONDAY. THE BOX IS ADDRESSED TO YOU. I HOPE THE GREMLINS IN YOUR OFFICE DON'T GET THEM FIRST. THEY SHOULD OPEN THEM RIGHT AWAY!!! MAKE THEM SAVE YOU SOME!!! Very HappyVery Happy
Brad Switzer wrote:

My father came into my care from Colorado last week. In ordinary circumstances caring for him is a significant task but add to the fact that the day he arrived he fell and broke his right arm and all of a sudden I've become a 24 hour nurse. Every possible thing he needs to do, I need to do... So I'm a little behind. All good, I wouldn't have it any other way. This will continue through next Wednesday when Dad returns home to Colorado and back to my sister's care. So....real life caught me by surprise this week you could say.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM - Response #15

Thank you both. Smile Special thanks to you Darlene, you're too much. Smile Thank you VERY MUCH in advance for the brownies. I must agree with you, Scott is great and it's our privilege to work with him. He doesn't bring in brownies though.......so I'm only going to be able to give him a 9 out of 10.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 at 11:23 PM - Response #16

Best wishes to you and your father....

Friday, February 25, 2011 at 8:44 PM - Response #17

Your very welcome, Brad.Very HappyVery Happy I hope you and your Bunch enjoy the brownies..unfortunately..I couldn't frost them...I make a killer frosting that goes on most of my brownies. Next time I will make the frosting and put it in a container..I am sure someone there can spread the frosting on...or maybe I will just take a little road trip to Ann Arbor..and bring more brownies. Twisted EvilTwisted Evil
Best Wishes to you and your brunch..Hope Dad is doing better!!!
Brad Switzer wrote:

Thank you both. Smile Special thanks to you Darlene, you're too much. Smile Thank you VERY MUCH in advance for the brownies. I must agree with you, Scott is great and it's our privilege to work with him. He doesn't bring in brownies though.......so I'm only going to be able to give him a 9 out of 10.

Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 11:08 AM - Response #18

Brad,

I hope everything is OK.

Monday, February 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM - Response #19

Darlene,

Your brownies showed up today. Right now they are all laid out on our conference table and people are coming by to help themselves. All great but I must tell you my personal favorite is the cashew brownies. Yummmmmm.

You are just too much. Thanks so much. One gesture like this and the whole staff feels appreciated. And I appreciate it very much that you took the time to make the staff feel appreciated. So there's juts a lot of 'preciation in the air today I guess you could say. Most of all thanks for being a long-term supporter and for just being you.

Monday, February 28, 2011 at 12:38 PM - Response #20

Oh by the way my father is here in the office with me today and is eating your brownies too. He asked me to pass along his thanks.

Monday, February 28, 2011 at 5:30 PM - Response #21

Your very Welcome..glad you Dad liked them. Next time I send you brownies..I will make my Macadamia Nut Brownies..they are awesome.
Now....that I have bribed you and your bunch...can you roll-out the store module faster??? WinkWinkWink Just kidding..keep up the good work.
Will you be at the Coach Chat tonite???. Got my new puter up and running..but having trouble with dang passwords in my email program, Thunderbird. I also dumped Comcast..have ATT UVerse..luv the tv and internet..but dumping the digital phone line..it keeps going down. They goofed up the order..I was suppose to keep my landline. Always something.
te="Brad Switzer"]Oh by the way my father is here in the office with me today and is eating your brownies too. He asked me to pass along his thanks.[/quote]

Monday, February 28, 2011 at 5:49 PM - Response #22

Darlene,

Sorry I wasn't there to enjoy the brownies.

Kyle

Monday, February 28, 2011 at 8:23 PM - Response #23

So all we have to do is to send brownies to get our request done! I should have thought of that. How about some Philly soft pretzels? What can I get done for them?

Monday, February 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM - Response #24

Maybe next time!!WinkWink

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Darlene,

Sorry I wasn't there to enjoy the brownies.

Kyle

Monday, February 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM - Response #25

Hey..I'll take some of those Philly Pretzels!!!Wink

Ray Guim wrote:

So all we have to do is to send brownies to get our request done! I should have thought of that. How about some Philly soft pretzels? What can I get done for them?

Monday, February 28, 2011 at 9:48 PM - Response #26

Yes, bribes will get you everywhere. The programmers do in fact accept bribes. Wink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.