ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Still need help with comments on profiles

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/27/15 03:20 PM Views: 758 Replies: 2
Friday, March 27, 2015 at 3:20 PM

I posted this issue 4 days ago on March 24 in a previous thread (Comment Boxes On Profiles, Response #11), but have not had a response, so I am posting my questions again as a new topic in case my post just didn't get noticed before. I would like to get the process clarified (or fixed, in case the code isn't working properly) so that I can explain how it works to my classmates.

I’m still having issues with comments on profiles. Our class would prefer to not have comment links inserted in the profile questions and to have comments only at the bottom of the Profiles. I thought the preference to “Allow Classmates to make comments only at the bottom of Profiles” would do what we want.

However, when I set the preference to “Allow Classmates to make comments only at the bottom of Profiles,” the links to comments in the profile questions were removed, but this also removed the “POST A COMMENT on (classmate name)’s Profile” box. Obviously, we need to have the POST A COMMENT box there so that classmates can post new comments. Without the box, our classmates were posting comments by responding to someone else’s recent comment because they couldn’t find anywhere else to make a new comment. Also, Recent Comments were shown at the high level only, i.e., any nested comments under a previous comment were not visible (however, they did show up on the What’s New page). This resulted in a lot of confusion.

So, I changed the preference to “Allow Classmates to make comments on Profile items.” This restored the POST A COMMENT box at the bottom of the Profile and restored the visibility of any nested comments, but it also put the links to comments back in the Profile questions.

Is this how the process is supposed to work?

How can I set up our site so that the links to comments are removed from the Profile questions and the POST A COMMENT box shows up at the bottom of the Profiles?

Friday, March 27, 2015 at 5:34 PM - Response #1

I would also prefer this. Looking forward to the answer.

Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 1:25 AM - Response #2

Yup, no longer works the way it used to.

Did not notice before since here's how it now works:

If a profile has had a comment in the past, then the Post Comment appears in a profile.

If a profile has never had a comment, then there is no Post Comment to profile anywhere.

I'd post in BUGS since that's not how it is supposed to work Idea

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.