ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

emails to a user

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/19/11 03:47 PM Views: 1128 Replies: 3
Sunday, June 19, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Is there any way for a user to prevent anyone from sending him a message through email (that is, someone posting a message and that generating an email to him)? I have one alum who is complaining about a lot of email, but I don't think a message coming from a specific person about his photo is one of those generated by a profile change (or is it)? If he wants all messages stopped, is the only way to do this is to eliminate his email address?

Monday, June 20, 2011 at 6:09 PM - Response #1

Hi Joe,

This is typically a scenario where a user has signed up for Profile Subscriptions and then is surprised when they get updates everytime someone updates their profile or has a birthday. Although it may not be that (I can not tell without knowing the individuals name) I would start by asking him to go to Profile Subscriptions under Member Functions and see if he has anyone checked - he can turn off one or all of them under that page.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 1:19 AM - Response #2

I have someone complaining about the same thing but have never gotten them to send me one of the messages. They asked to be unsubscribed completely. Considering how nasty they were in their email, it was just fine with me, but I'd like to know if it is happening to anyone else. My sister also made mention of a lot emails, but again she hasn't sent any to me to see what she's getting.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 8:47 AM - Response #3

Without their names, we have nothing to check.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.