ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In addition to rearranging modules

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/22/09 09:28 AM Views: 1135 Replies: 1
Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 9:28 AM

I would like to have a LINKS module (right-side module) that can be edited and also has a checkbox for displayable. The LINKS module could be where people add a table with different links, for example FACEBOOK (link to class's facebook group), Links to other ClassCreator sites from the same high school, etc.

Perhaps, it could be just an editable right-side module where the admin can put anything of a smaller nature.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 1:23 PM - Response #1

A "your own stuff here" module eh? My only concerns there would be one of max character limit so people don't create right boxes 2 feet long, and blowouts. Just a few hard spaces or oversized objects in there could blow out sites far worse than hard spaces or oversized objects in the body area. Long links would also blow it out if the links we're burried under ordinary text. We could probably do it by building in some failsafes that would not allow the box to be saved if certain criteria was met (like an object width # being too wide, a character count being too large, or a hyperlink or other word exceeding a maximum character limit). The new Edit Home Page area should be live this coming week, so I'll leave this open for discussion.

Edited 02/22/09 1:24 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.