ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Most kids / most grand kids / most spouses

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/11/11 01:12 AM Views: 1270 Replies: 4
Monday, April 11, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to go about a most kids or most grand kids type feature. I don't think poll or survey will do what I want to do.
I don't think I'm brave enough to do most spouses - but then, the poll that got the most response ever was "What was the best place to park.?" Lot of traffic but very few "Honest" answers. The last two choices, I never parked and what's parking got the most responses though. One male classmate who married a female classmate said her favorite place wasn't listed so she answered she'd never parked. Hmmmm.

Monday, April 11, 2011 at 12:47 PM - Response #1

Hm, honesty? If they are having fun, let the children play! :O)

We are keeping track of these things through profile questions. I have an admin who monitors numbers of things. If the folks don't share, then they are out of the running for being the winner. If they post, it conveniently shows up as a profile update. I know that you can download through Manage Classmates specific profile questions. That might be a quick way to check numbers. If they haven't shared, she will post a comment asking them questions to encourage them.

In addition, she has started a forum discussion from time to time on different stats. That also inspires some to share. When she does that, then I play it up on the homepage with a link and in a biweekly email.

We have become professional naggers.

Margaret

Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 1:57 AM - Response #2

Thanks Margaret,

I'm doing everything by myself right now so I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible. (Hence the two week delay in answering.)
Sad

Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM - Response #3

Your welcome! Take your time if you are alone and just do only the necessary! It will all get done!

Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 10:39 PM - Response #4
reunioncartoonallmyexhusbands.jpg

Richard,
Since you are coming up quickly on a reunion, why don't you include that in the "evening fun" part, either written survey or show of hands,etc...it can be fun, especially since laughing is easier than crying...We awarded a giant eraser from the dollar store to the one with the most 'exes"...and you can also ask if all the "exes live in Texas,"etc...we also gave out magic cards to those who have managed to keep the "magic" the longest! Lots of laughs, never quite sure about the honesty factor!
We have a question on the profile, "still single, married, no longer married, never married or somewhere in between..."
There is also an option for grandchildren, "children with four legs/ grandpets,etc" as today's families are quite diverse and some of our classmates are just now getting to "first-time Dad" status! That also opens up a category for the one with the most "youthful" spouse/partner, but i decided that might cause a few problems...so it remained just an idea!
Once again, answers are sometimes very vague! But that's not what matters...i am just happy that we are still alive to answer them! The "What's left on your Bucket List" is one that really had folks thinking...a few responding, but it does get some conversations started,etc! Any high school "do-over moments" is another idea that triggers some reminiscing, but most realize that we might not do too much over, but it gives one pause to think about it anyway!
Congratulations on doing all the hard work yourself! You will be rewarded, often in intangible ways, but the joy of doing it is half the Fun! You will be the eternal rock star even though you might want to sleep for 6 months when it is all over! Ohwell! Have FUN anyway!Cool
Have a most wonderful Reunion!

Edited 04/28/11 11:35 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.