ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Name tags don't line up correctly

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/18/23 01:32 PM Views: 118 Replies: 4
Monday, September 18, 2023 at 1:32 PM

Hope someone can help.

I exported my class nametags with pictures to a pdf file and the system told me to order Avery 45393 adhesive name badges but they don't line up well when printed.

Am I doing something wrong with the export or should I try a different format or is the system wrong in its recommendation for every labels.

Reunion is Saturday HELP!!!

Monday, September 18, 2023 at 3:39 PM - Response #1

Make sure your printer settings are not adjusting to "fit to page" or any other settings that affect the ratio of the print out - it needs to be the full 100% layout. The PDF layout is the layout for that Avery size badge.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 1:26 PM - Response #2

I have a similar issue and it has nothing to do with the printer.

I chose the Avery 74461 Option (1st option) from the Name Tag generator. I also then chose "Generate PDF Name Tags"

The 74461 Avery label is 8/page. I open the pdf file to inspect it before ever trying to print it, and the first 2 pages have 8 name tags per page. The 3rd page has 6, with the 7th and 8th tag on page 4. There are only 2 name tags on page 4. Page 5 then has just 6 name tags with the 7th and 8th on page 7.

This continues until page 9 where there are 8 name tags. Page 10 then has 6 followed by page 11 with just 2 name tags.

Pages 12-16 (the remainder of the pages) have 8 per sheet.

There is clearly an issue with your export to PDF for Avery Labels 74461.

1) I hesitate to even try to print on the labels I purchased as I am afraid they will not align and I will waste labels I purchased.
2) I purchased a pack of 100 which is 13 pages and enough for all of our attendees. But with the wasted pages, the PDF Class Creator produced takes 16 pages, and IF they do align will force me to purchase additional labels.

Is something you will be able to fix? And if so within what timeline?

Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 1:34 PM - Response #3

Just printed page 1 from the PDF file I spoke of above. Laid it over a page of the 74461 labels and it is not printing correctly. The 5th and 6th name tag on page 1 prints past the preferations on those tags. Tags 7 and 8 are the same.

Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 10:40 PM - Response #4

I'm not certain why it wouldn't line up or would show them with anything less than 8 per page. Nothing in the code has changed.

I can review this with programmers, however, this section is in high use and likely can not change quickly. You may need to use the export to Excel and mail merge the information. Word has every avery template.

You can download the yearbook photos under Manage Classmates > Download Yearbook photos.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.