ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

link to page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/21/09 08:01 AM Views: 1409 Replies: 7
Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 8:01 AM

I would like to put a link on the main page to a specific portion of another page...such as "if you need information about the class gift click here" and it would take them halfway down to a part of another site page. Is this possible?

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 4:39 PM - Response #1

Yes. It's called anchors.

Here's a helpful thread on this topic.

And here's another helpful thread with some specific anchor instructions.

In your case you just need to link to your page first, and then reference the anchor. I.E. yourpage.html#youranchorname

Edited 07/21/09 4:40 PM
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 10:08 AM - Response #2

Can't get it to work. Do I put a link (let us say) somewhere on the home page to go to a different custom page, and then the anchor goes on that page? I have tried to paste the custom page link on the home page with the anchor (#class gift) right after it, but it only takes me to the top of the custom page, not to the spot where the anchor is.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 1:00 PM - Response #3

What verbiage or image on your home page is supposed to be the link? I can't find a single link on your home page or announcement content.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 1:31 PM - Response #4

Sorry, I took it off when it did not work since I did not want to mislead a classmate. I am going to put close to the top of the home page a reference to our drive for a class gift and add the information at the bottom of one of the custom pages, probably the reunion letter. I will put something on those places now.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 1:47 PM - Response #5

I tried to put a link to the information form and attach an anchor to go to the bottom of the information form. The referral to the site is on the home page, under the second paragraph beneath the image. The link takes me to the top of the information form.. This is probably ok as I can replace the form but I would like to see how to get the anchors to work.
Thanks.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM - Response #6

Wow, you were incredibly close to having that working. The ONLY mistake you made was putting your anchor link in the visible link on your page and not in the source code. In your source code you'll see the link twice. The first is the actual link, and the second is what your Classmates see on your page. I just moved your anchor portion of the link from the public display to the actual link text, and it works great. Check out the source code on your page to see what I did.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 4:04 PM - Response #7

Thank you very much!!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.