ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

American Flag clip art

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/26/08 12:09 AM Views: 1531 Replies: 8
Friday, September 26, 2008 at 12:09 AM

I would like to insert an American flag clip art into a page that has been dedicated to our classmates who served in Vietnam. Where can I get one that will load onto the page successfully?

Friday, September 26, 2008 at 12:46 AM - Response #1

Hi Pam, Check out MySpace.com. They have tons of stuff. My co admin put a few things on our Veterans page, but there are also some very cool slideshow things you can do too.. Bonita

Friday, September 26, 2008 at 1:53 AM - Response #2

Bonita,

Your veteran's page is absolutely beautiful! Do you think your co-admin would mind if I used the flag icon, and the Vietnam Vets memorial picture? Would I have to get permission to use the Vietnam Vets pic? Thank you.

Pam Murray

Friday, September 26, 2008 at 2:43 AM - Response #3

Pam, I have sent your request to Betty, my co who has done such a great job on this page. Thanks for the kudos! Back at you soon...Bonita

Friday, September 26, 2008 at 3:35 AM - Response #4

Hi Pam - Most gracious thank you... Boy you have eyes like a hawk! - I just finished the page tonight and was viewing it in reality for only a few minutes. I still haven't done the final proof on it. Obviously, this is an ongoing project as we receive additional info. I don't mind telling you that it was emotionally tough but one of my more rewarding moments in life. A bit of a life changer.

So back to business: Re: the 'Tribute' quote and the 'Vietnam Wall' image and quote I emailed both sites to get their permission for reproduction - I believe it is best to at least get permission, most sites do not ask for money, other do. These are free. Just email the 'copyright' links or the 'contact us' tabs and tell them exactly what you want to use and where you are using it - I received responses within a day or two for both of my inclusions. Then I keep the written email in a safe place just in case someone asks for your permission.

Most really don't care so long as you aren't making money from their images or quotes. I'm anal about detail for that kind of stuff.

The flag icons I just got by Googling I think it was 'Veteran icons' or maybe it was just 'US flags' you'll get gobs to choose from. But it you like ours, help yourself. I certainly don't mind sharing.

I will be checking up on your site to see how I can improve my page!
Good luck,
Betty

Friday, September 26, 2008 at 7:27 AM - Response #5

Dear Betty,

Thank you so much for your help. I clicked on "The Wall" website, and found a guy that I knew so very long ago - he's been gone for over 40 years. Talk about overwhelming.

Anyhow, I reviewed the site, and it seems as long as there are no fees involved, and no passwords involved, that this site may be used. So I loaded the link onto our Vietnam Vets page. I can't wait for the classmates to see this.

I love looking at your site - ya'll (you know that southern word just has to come out) have spent some long hours on your site.

Thanks again for your help.

God bless.

Pam

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 2:18 AM - Response #6

Hi Pam,
I finished the 'Honors & Tributes' page - have a look. You were looking for clip-art flags. Actually, Bonita found the one that is on our site now - have a look. It just might be the right thing for your page. There is also a quote slide show. I got that from another class' website. Glad I was of some help, we all learn when we share. This page will obviously be an ongoing project, I do hope our classmates respond with more information. The Vietnam Memorial Wall website is quite the site, isn't it? The kind of thing that hangs with you for a long time.

Good luck with your site,
Betty

Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 12:55 PM - Response #7

Pam,

Check out www.myspacepimper.com. That's where I got my waving flag that is on my In Honor... page.

Vicki

Monday, May 27, 2013 at 3:18 PM - Response #8

Unable to find www.myspacepimper.com.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.