ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Yearbook Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/22/09 01:53 AM Views: 1212 Replies: 4
Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 1:53 AM

This is a fantastic page. However, I have one question. 7 of our 46 deceased members have the **, but no rose. It's no big deal BUT some may be upset. I just need to know a "why" for when I'm asked.

Lara Johnson
Greenville64.com
PS We have a disignated administrtor dealing with these pictures, but I found a mistake he didn't make.You have Fredrick Flateau and Fredrick Myers.This is no Myers that's Flateau's middle name.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 7:45 AM - Response #1

Lara there has to be an entry for the rose to appear. Maybe make a note saying that if anyone has any information on their passing please let us know. I did searches and found copies of their obituaries and put them on each classmates information.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 8:31 AM - Response #2

Ann,
Where did you search for the obits?
Lara

Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 8:44 AM - Response #3

In my case, there is a small paper a few towns over that is still in the same county and they are on line. It was a gold mine. I joined a couple of detective sites, but didn't have any luck.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 10:43 AM - Response #4

I went to the local library and searched thru their copies of microfishe that only works if you know the date they died or at least the year. Also the library has a resource called Americans Obituary. Only certain libraries have it available. The town we are in didn't have it but the one 10 miles away did. So I got a library card from them and now I can access it from home. Resourses USA is available thru that too and you can find addresses and phone numbers of lost classmates. I also found some thru our state obituary at Ohio.com and then under obituaries. I put in the last name and the date range of the graduation year to today. And under keywords I put the city. And a few I found thru the libraries obituary information. That one you had to find the name and then request a copy. So check with your library and see what they have available. It's all free information it just takes time to do the searching.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.