ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Indicates "attending" in profile, but they are not completing registration

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/14/11 11:28 AM Views: 1573 Replies: 14
Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Does anyone else have this problem? I have 50 alumni indicating they are "attending" when they complete there profile, but the majority have not followed through with registering & paying. I actually had one classmate say she didn't realize there was more to the registration process!

I think it's pretty clear on my homepage, but wondered if anyone else has had this problem. Suggestions are welcome to make the process more obvious!

Thanks!

Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 11:42 AM - Response #1

I have messaged and emailed everyone that this applies to. I can see where this would happen. People get confused. I am sending out another email next week and I will start personally calling that list of people who have said one thing or another and saying "where is the money?" essentially so that I can give a correct number to the caterer. That what it really is about for me, because they will pay eventually, and we will pay our bills, but I need to have a figure for the caterer for each night.

BTW I am looking at a Aug 12-14 reunion so that's where I am. Next week will be busy with this! However, for the most part I have to admit, it is a manageable list!

Denise

Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 1:00 PM - Response #2

We also have a calling campaign and it has been somewhat successful. It seems that some of us older folks just respond better to a phone call.

Jim

Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 1:36 PM - Response #3

Yes. We are splitting up the list of "phone calls".

Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 1:43 PM - Response #4

I had that problem also. When classmates initially joined the website, they thought they would attend the reunion, so checked "yes." We sent emails and made phone calls, explaining the registration process. If, for some reason they did not want to complete their registration form, I did it for them. We found that some people even completed the registration form, but when it came time to pay, they changed their minds. The real commitment is when you get the money!
Good luck ... Julie

Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 1:43 PM - Response #5

I am where Denise is..Aug. 13th is when we are having our reunion. This is our first ever website capturing attenance preferences.

I also have tweaked the registration form but some classmates do not complete all the fields leaving me wondering if they intend to come or not.

Also, we do not have phone numbers for everyone because they do not provide them. I'll send an email from CC and the committee plans on calling those with phone numbers. I always question if I'm being clear with my messages on the homepage, etc. Still I love this new way of connecting. I'm surprised by those that have found the site. We also sent out a direct mail postcard.

Thanks for sharing your similar experiences! I've found the forums so helpful in my learning curve.

Becky

Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM - Response #6

Becky Helms wrote:

I also have tweaked the registration form but some classmates do not complete all the fields leaving me wondering if they intend to come or not.
Becky

The registration form has the ability to require that any question must be answered in order to complete/save the registration. You might want to add that option to your questions.

Jim

Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM - Response #7

Jim,

Thanks. I've gone to "profile generator" but unable to see where I input the requirement option. Can you give some direction?

Becky

Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM - Response #8
Registration Form.pdf

Go to the Reunion Planner and then Edit and when you come to one of the questions, click on the "pencil" icon to edit it. Just above the buttons for "Update" "Cancel" "Remove" there are two check boxes. The top one says "Answer required to submit registration". Check it and then click "update" and then an " * " will appear beside the question so that an answer will be required before they can save their registration information. I have done this with all of my questions. I have attached a copy of our edit page for the questions and the last one is open with the check boxes showing.

Hope this helps,
Jim

Edited 07/14/11 4:35 PM
Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM - Response #9

Jim,

I like your website!

The classmate profile on my website is not an area listed in my "edit profile" list. The registration profile questions are under a separate tab on the homepage titled "profile generator."

When I accessed my template and clicked on the pencil icon..I only saw the "required" option on only one of the questions and I selected it and yes the star symbol appeared. BUT this was the only question (How many will be attending?) that gave me that option....I wanted the requirement on"attending reunion? yes, no, maybe"

Any idea what is going on?

Becky

Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM - Response #10

The "Attending Reunion" flag on the profile is a default question. You cannot change the "Required" flag for a default question.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 4:12 PM - Response #11

Terri Dingess wrote:

Does anyone else have this problem? I have 50 alumni indicating they are "attending" when they complete there profile, but the majority have not followed through with registering & paying. I actually had one classmate say she didn't realize there was more to the registration process!

I think it's pretty clear on my homepage, but wondered if anyone else has had this problem. Suggestions are welcome to make the process more obvious!

Thanks!

Are you using the Reunion Planner? If you are then you should mark all questions required to complete registration. Also..you can require that buy something in order to submit their registration.
We had no problem last year getting people to register. We had a lot the month before the reunion. Even after our cut off date 2 wks before the reunion people wanted to register. We sent flyers to the unknowns and people who didn't have computer access..and made phone calls. Using the Reunion Planner is the best way to go. Once the planner is activated the reunion question automatically appears. We accepted credit cards and checks thru CC. It worked like a charm. We know have a mini event going using the Reunion Planner..we are also taking donation for the website and selling our Memory Book from our 2010 Reunion.
I hope this helps!!

Edited 07/14/11 4:20 PM
Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM - Response #12

Becky Helms wrote:

The classmate profile on my website is not an area listed in my "edit profile" list. The registration profile questions are under a separate tab on the homepage titled "profile generator."Becky

Oops, I should have said go to the Reunion Planner and then Edit, NOT the Edit Site Pages link. I will correct this on my previious post.

See also Darlene's post for additional information regarding the Reunion Planner and marking all questions. Are you using the Reunion Planner?

Jim

Edited 07/14/11 4:37 PM
Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 4:36 PM - Response #13

Thanks to everyone!

Monday, July 18, 2011 at 6:08 PM - Response #14

Some time ago, I suggested adding a "flag". I would change the current flag to "Planning to attend the reunion, then have a second flag for attending that is tied to an order. Every order needs to go into the planner (in my opinion), so this would be the true indicator. Then to top it off, I would like the new flag to be the one that shows on the Classmate Profiles, along with a total. It would be gravy if the total could include guests. Not sure if this can be done, but it would be a huge help. As it is, I had to build a custom page to create the list of attendees. This requires double entry and "wastes" a page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.