ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Delete a Topic Within a Forum?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/14/14 07:02 PM Views: 3924 Replies: 4
Friday, March 14, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Forums can have many Topics. Is it possible to delete just one Topic that has been created on a Forum? Does it matter if there has been one or more replies to the original posting? I'm referring specifically to functionality within "User Forums" on my CC sites.

Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 1:16 AM - Response #1

You can delete a topic, sure, regardless of responses. You can also choose to make a topic inactive. This doesn't delete it, and anyone with a direct link can still see it, but the topic is no longer listed anywhere.

Saturday, October 22, 2022 at 8:33 PM - Response #2

Sorry to bring this thread alive, again, but I cannot find an answer to my issue.
Re: User Forum (it's titled THE BUZZ User Forum on my site). I am reactivating this on my site (it's been inactive many years). I would like to "hide" some of the formerly posted topics due to the age of some of the sensitive issues, but keep them for Admins to see for historical purposes. I have made them Inactive but they still show on the Topic List that the regular user sees. Am I required to Delete them to remove them from the Topic List that my members see?
I do not understand what "inactive" means if it still shows on the member's website.
Thanks so much.

Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 12:09 AM - Response #3

Hi Leahray,

When you to to the Edit Page > Add/Edit Forums - you need to click on each forum and then choose the Active > Off dropdown and save. I made the original items all inactive. You can make new ones and start again with those.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 9:45 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Jessica! It's working just as I wanted now. You're the Bomb!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.