ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Admin for only "In Memory" page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/24/11 02:04 PM Views: 1304 Replies: 8
Friday, June 24, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Is there a way to make a Classmate an Admin with the right to Edit Site Page for *only* the "In Memory" page? I don't want to have to worry about him editing other pages on our site.

Friday, June 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM - Response #1

Barbara,

Go to Manage Classmates, Search for the classmate, click on DETAILS, then go to Grant Admin Access.

Select the admin access you want to grant to the classmate and SAVE CHANGES for the classmate.

Friday, June 24, 2011 at 4:20 PM - Response #2

We have an admin who is in charge of all "In Memory" issues. We also give her rights to "Manage Classmates" because sometimes that's necessary--for one thing, we want their email removed so nothing goes out anymore to them.

Friday, June 24, 2011 at 5:56 PM - Response #3

So if I grant "Edit Site Pages" how can I limit that access to only "In Memory" rather than all of the other pages, too (i.e., I don't want him to be able to change the Classmate Profiles page, Home Page, Photos pages, etc).

Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 10:24 AM - Response #4

I don't think it is possible at this time. I will enter an enhancement request for this feature.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 12:26 PM - Response #5

Excellent! Thank you! (glad to know I wasn't missing the option somewhere on the site!)

As another enhancement request, it might be good to include something that supports Mary's point about when someone is listed on the "In Memory" page, that their email address is automatically disabled. Or possibly include a checkbox to disable the associated email address on the page when you're adding someone to the In Memory page. Just a thought (because Mary has a very valid point!)...Wink

Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 8:18 PM - Response #6

Excellent team work, Mary and Barbara! One has the idea the other sees how it may fit into the works. Thanks for suggesting this!

Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 10:21 AM - Response #7

for the other opinions about sending e-mails to the family of deceased classmates, see these forums:

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....E1D-A19C40FABF0D5ACF

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....040-2FBE4FA751A67DE0

At the end of the last link, it already says that the suggestion is on the task list:
(Brad wroteSmile
Task:

Please add this checkbox on the In Memory edit page:

Include this deceased Classmate when using the Email The Class function (you may wish to do this if a family member or relative of the deceased Classmate is still receiving emails at his or her email address). You can edit this deceased Classmate's email address (or remove it if desired) from this deceased Classmate's Details Page.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM - Response #8

Just want you all to know that I would like the same ability. Hoped I had found it when I saw this thread. Hopefully the ability will get added soon. I have a classmate who is doing lots of research into deceased classmates, but keeps sending me all the data to enter.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.