ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

uploading a file and providing a link to it from a page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/11/11 12:24 AM Views: 1394 Replies: 5
Monday, April 11, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I have a situation where we'd like to store an invitation and a registration form on our site and then have a link to them from an announcement on the front page of our site. We have each page in two forms, a .doc file and a .pdf file. How can this be done? Personally, I do something like this all the time on wikis like pbworks or wikispace, but I must be missing something obvious on how to do this here.
Thanks

Monday, April 11, 2011 at 1:29 AM - Response #1

Joe - sent you a private mail with the step-by-step instructions.

Monday, April 11, 2011 at 8:47 AM - Response #2

Absolutely terrific! This is one of those "duh" moments as I regularly do this on other sites but just wasn't thinking much here. You have other valuable information and I've passed a link to your help page to our 100th anniversary committee. I wish we had known about you and your site earlier - maybe I missed an announcement somewhere. Thank you very much.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 3:15 PM - Response #3

John,

Do you mind sharing those instructions. I have created a registration PDF document where I'd like to do the same thing.

A couple of other questions....while we're at it please (I'm trying to roll out the website this evening).
1) Simple (probably but crunched for time) - I would like a page where the members can "Post a Story" and it can be viewed by other registered members. Any suggestions??

2) Is it possible to have my playlist continue working on each page?

Thanks
Pat Goolsby

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 4:16 PM - Response #4

Sure, Patricia...

Including a PDF in Email The Class. CLICK TO VIEW

Creating a pop-out music player: CLICK TO VIEW A pop-out player continues to play while they can browse on other pages. But don't embed players on other pages because they might both be playing at the same time.

Classmates posting a story to share:

1. Activate the Classmates Forums and start a topic and thread about sharing a favorite story.

2. Create a Survey that asks just for their name and their story and allow all to view the survey results.

Edited 04/20/11 4:16 PM
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM - Response #5

Thank you John. I really appreciate your help.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.