ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Connection on Facebook for non-class websites

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/30/15 09:42 PM Views: 1005 Replies: 5
Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at 9:42 PM

I have created a non-class website (for a social club I am about to launch). It seems to me that the Class Connection functionality is specifically designed for high school class websites (e.g., when you go to the Facebook website you have to enter your high school name!). Are there any plans to make the FB Class Connection more 'generic' so that it can be used for non-class websites? Or is there some magical trick I can use to work around the existing Class Connection user interface? Thoughts? Thanks!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 3:01 AM - Response #1

Hi there

I've used Class Creator for a site to keep the members of our family in touch with each other. The link is http://www.classcreator.com/McMillan-Clan. Have a look

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 12:35 PM - Response #2

I am looking into this. However I am waiting on a key member to return from vacation to see what we can do. Thanks

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 1:45 PM - Response #3

Tom, while this is not currently possible, it's definitely under consideration for a future enhancement.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 3:49 PM - Response #4

Cedric, thanks for sharing your link. Do your 'clan members' use Facebook to interact with your site? If so, what do you tell them in your instructions (I didn't see FB integration mentioned on your website).
Also, if you look at the replies by Brad/Scott, it appears that what I'm trying to do is not really possible. You connect via the Facebook app which, in turn, requires you to enter your 'high school'. Cheers.

Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 1:55 PM - Response #5

Oh I love this! What neat idea and use!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.