ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Paypal

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/06/08 10:36 PM Views: 1225 Replies: 3
Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Has anyone used the paypal function? I was thinking of using it to have people pay for set menus ahead of time, but I am not sure how it works. How can you tell who has paid and who hasn't and how to manage that so that all pay ahead of time for themselves and partners. I am sorry if this topic was already discussed somewhere else, I couldn't find it.

Edited 08/06/08 10:38 PM
Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 2:06 PM - Response #1

When I set up my reunion and people registered I got 3 emails automatically sent to my inbox showing the person had registered, ordered, and paid. If I didn't receive all 3, that meant something wasn't completed; some classmates preferred to send a check by mail, but if it didn't happen, I would contact the classmate. On your Reunion Attendees site in your admin, it will show who is registered and how much they owe, then you can manually enter the amount they have paid.

Edited 08/07/08 2:07 PM
Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 2:19 PM - Response #2

To tag along to what Bev said, you can also (in your Admin Functions) manually add a registration. I posted a PDF of our reunion registration form/questionnaire for people to print, fill out, and mail with their check the old-fashioned way. As much as I wanted to go paperless, they forced me to create paper!

Some people still don't trust paypal. Anywho, I have all options set up ... register via the reunion website and pay via paypal (or use their credit card with paypal), register via the website and then give or send me a check or cash, or register the old-fashioned way like I mentioned above.

As an aside, I also have a paypal button on our fundraisers page at the button for donation solicitations ... so far, we've raised over $500 with donations and reunion sponsorships from classmates! Woohoo! Laughing Razz

Finally, remember that Paypal will charge you a percentage of the transaction plus the transaction fee. You need to take that into consideration when establishing your cost.

Friday, August 8, 2008 at 10:18 AM - Response #3

Thank you very much for your responses!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.