ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

What Triggers "Upcoming Birthdays"?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/22/10 01:33 PM Views: 1757 Replies: 11
Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Hi,

A Classmate's Bithday is 8/28. This question is on the Profile and she has it filled in.

On her Managed Classmates, "Details", the Birthday field is blank. If this is the trigger, how/who fills out that field? I don't think I placed all the B-day dates for each originally.

Her name and Birthday are not showing in " Upcoming Birthdays"

Thanks, Summer Blessings, N

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 2:09 PM - Response #1

What is the Classmate's name?

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 2:34 PM - Response #2

Nancee
Where did you find the scrabble board text maker ?
If you don't mind telling !
Thanks, Lynda

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 10:48 PM - Response #3

Sorry for the delay:

Judith A. Rogers {Smith}

Thanks, Brad - no hurry I won't get back to this till Mon!

Hi Lynda!

Where else do we get all the good stuff but from one another?! Very Happy It least that is what I am thinking right now. May I have a day or so to double check that for you and see if I can't be more specfic with something you can use? I'm in a time crunch right now, and have to call a patient on the West Coast.

Thanks for understanding -- I'll get back with you - Promise!

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 10:51 PM - Response #4

Judith Rogers has no birthday in her DETAILS page. Go to Manage Classmates, search for "Rogers", click on Judith's DETAILS page, notice it says
Birthday:         M/D/YYYY, so she never entered her birthday.

Maybe she doesn't want her birthday to display.

PROFILE QUESTIONS are not the same as the birthday field on the DETAILS page. Only the DETAILS page will trigger a birthday alert.

Monday, August 23, 2010 at 10:20 PM - Response #5

Thanks Kyle, that answers my question.

Lynda, I just sent you a private email, please look for it. And I can't believe I did not notice this b4, but you are from Frankfort, IN which is down where my Mother's family is from - Flora, Bringhurst, Cutler, Peru, .. Carroll County...... all old little towns ( sans Peru ) where back in the day, going to Frankfort, was going to "The Big City" .... or so my Mother tells me. Lots of good ole Indiana farm stock -- good people!

Have a great week! Blessings, N

Edited 08/23/10 10:21 PM
Monday, February 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM - Response #6

I am new to Class Creator. How do I get "Upcoming Birthdays" to work and show up on my website? I want classmates on the website to know upcoming birthday. Help!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 8:47 AM - Response #7

Janice,

Welcome to ClassCreator!!!

To activate the Upcoming Birthdays module, do the following:

Edit Site Pages
Edit Home Page
look for the word "Birthdays" and make sure the ACTIVE checkbox is checked.
You can also move the "Birthdays" module to the right-side modules or keep it in your main content area. You also have the choice to include celebrity birthdays, but I am not sure if "Celebrity Birthdays" is still working (we had a problem a while back and I am not sure if it was fixed yet)

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM - Response #8

Kyle,

What happens when the "birthdays" are activated? I see the list come up on site. Does a letter go out? Anything else?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM - Response #9

No, only the right-side module is activated. Nothing else happens with this module. It is display only.

Monday, June 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM - Response #10

Had a question from one of my Admin who sends out birthday greetings to class members. Here is her question: "I used to receive notifications of individual birthdays on the day of their birthdays before 6:00 AM. It has really slipped now. I didn't receive Carol's and Jo's until 9:00 PM last night. I missed sending their greeting. Sort of silly to send a greeting at 9:00 PM or later. Just wondered if there is anything we can do to reschedule these alerts earlier in the day?" Judi Fellers

Is there something we need to check or maybe there was a glitch in system?
This is from www.wichitawest62.com site.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 1:39 AM - Response #11

Hi Karen,

I've sent greetings until this year... needed a break. When I did, I sent them the day before on the site using the birthday list generated in the right column (or in home page content, whichever you choose). If your Admin is sending email greetings, s/he could prepare them as drafts and send them out on the day. If using Outlook, your Admin could schedule the message to be sent.

Just a thought or three that may be helpful. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.